The OnePlus community has once again surprised us by releasing an update for one of its most popular Android operating system names Oxygen OS. The Oxygen OS 3.0 that we listed earlier has now been updated to Oxygen OS 3.0.1 with an incremental OTA update based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The Oxygen OS version 3.0.1 brings several bug fixes, security patches, and stability improvements. Even though Oxygen OS is being updated to v3.0.1 and comes to us officially from OnePlus development team, it is still Beta with a community build tag. This means The OOS build may still come with some bugs and may lack some features that users were expecting or the features that were excluded from the former OOS version 2.2.0. OnePlus stated that the stable Oxygen OS will be released within the next couple of weeks. The firmware file is dated February 23, 2016, and weighs a whopping 1.1 GB with version Oxygen OS 3.0.1 Community Build.
What’s New With Oxygen OS 3.0.1 For OnePlus 2?
- Enhanced Doze mode to better optimize battery usage
- Improvements to the fingerprint sensor for faster and more accurate recognition
- Added clear process in the Recents screen for the option to remove background processes
- Added feature in Recents screen to allow you to lock apps that you don’t want removed with clear all
- Bug fix in network operator selection to ensure the selection sticks to your choice
- Swiftkey update to version 6.3.3
- Added back display color balance
- Updated carrier name mapping
- Camera improvements including bug fixes for OIS
Download Oxygen OS 3.0.1 For OnePus 2
- Oxygen OS 3.0.1 Community Build Full Firmware/OTA
→ Download | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_018_all_1605231631_OpenBeta2.zip [1.1 GB]
- Oxygen OS 3.0 Beta Firmware and OTA → Link
- Requirement ROM for Oxygen OS 3.0.1 → Oxygen OS v2.2.0 and above
This firmware can be installed using stock recovery and custom TWRP recovery as well. However, take a Nandroid backup before you begin.
You may also like:
- How to Install TWRP Flashable Oxygen OS 3.0 Firmware on OnePlus 2?
- How to Root OnePlus 2 on Oxygen OS 3.0 Marshmallow?
- Restore OnePlus 2 to Full Stock Firmware [Stock Recovery, Unbrick, Fastboot File]
How to Install Oxygen OS 3.0.1 On OnePlus 2 With OTA Update File?
- Download the Oxygen OS 3.0.1 build for OnePlus 2 from above.
- Make sure the firmware .zip file is stored in your device’s internal storage or SDcard.
- Reboot OnePlus 2 into recovery mode. To do this, turn off your device completely and power on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Once into Recovery, Choose “Install from local”, select your .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm.
- Your device should now start updating with the selected build.
- Once done, reboot.
Like and share AndroidSage on social media. For queries, comment down below.
Source: OnePlus Support