Today, a new incremental update is being rolled out for the OnePlus 2 device with Oxygen OS 2.2.1. Although, it’s not an Android 6.0 Marshmallow update, it comes with many new feature and bug fixes. Following the version 2.2.0, the Oxygen OS is being updated to v2.2.1 with some stability improvements. One of the major update incorporated is the RAW support in OnePlus Camera. Here we are with the incremental OTA update for Oxygen OS that can be manually installed on your device. If you have not received the update over the air, then follow the instructions given below and your device should be updated. Currently, only the OTA update for Oxygen OS 2.2.1 is available. For a full ROM zip file, you will have to wait. Make sure that you have the v2.1.2 as your base firmware number. Once you have that you are all set to apply the updates with stock recovery. Update: The full ROM is now available.
Here’s what’s new in this update:
- RAW support in OnePlus Camera
- Bluetooth compatibility improvement
- Ultra SIM compatibility improvement
- GMS 3.0 upgrade
- Improvement for roaming issues
- Fix for occasional image corruption issue in OnePlus Camera
- Security patch update
- Romanian language support
Download Oxygen OS 2.2.1
- Oxygen OS v2.2.1 OTA → Download | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_011-012_patch_1602261837.zip
- Oxygen OS v2.2.1 OTA → Mirror 1 | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_011-012_patch_1602261837.zip
- Oxygen OS v2.2.1 OTA → Mirror 2 | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_011-012_patch_1602261837.zip
Full ROM for Oxygen OS 2.2.1
- Oxygen OS v2.2.1 Full ROM → Download | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_012_all_1602261837.zip
- Oxygen OS v2.2.0 Full ROM → Base for 2.2.0 OTA
Also See: Restore OnePlus 2 to Full Stock Firmware [Stock Recovery, Unbrick, Fastboot File]
How to Install Oxygen OS 2.2.0 OTA Update on OnePlus 2 Using Stock Recovery
Step 1. Before you proceed, make sure you have installed the base update prior to v2.2.1. That means make sure you have Oxygen OS v2.2.0 as you current firmware version.
Step 2. Now download the Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA zip file from the downloads and transfer it to your phone’s internal storage.
Step 3. Now boot your OnePlus 2 into Recovery Mode. To do so, turn off your device completely and then press and hold the power button and volume down key for a few seconds. Select Recovery if an option is available to get into stock recovery mode.
Step 4. Once into the Stock Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates from phone’s storage and then navigate to the OTA zip file and select it.
Step 5. Confirm the operation and the installation process will begin updating your OnePlus 2. This may take a few minutes.
Step 6. When the installation completes, it will automatically reboot. If not, go back and reboot manually.
For an alternate update method using adb sideload, get to this page [method 2]. Follow and share us on social media. If you need any help, then comment down below.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.