New Nothing OS 2.5 Hotfix OTA update is now rolling out for the Phone 1 users who have already updated their devices to stable Android 14. Here, download the critical Nothing OS 2.5.1 Hotfix OTA incremental from previous NOS 2.5.2 Stay tuned for the NOS 2.5.2 full zip as well.
Nothing Tech has successfully concluded the beta program featuring Nothing OS 2.5 for the Phone 1. A stable update just rolled out recently, weighing over 2 GB in size, featuring Android 14. However, that had some minor bugs which have been rectified in today’s update. Nothing OS 2.5.2 Hotfix OTA is rolling out for Phone 1 users, featuring the same changelog and a critical bug fixes weighing 50 MB in size.
Nothing OS 2.5 comes with tons of new features like Dynamic Widgets, redesigned joint home screen and lock screen, new wallpapers, new Glyph interface, new Gestures, and much more.
Checkout the full video going over what’s new in Nothing OS 2.5 and Android 14 directly from the OEM. Also, checkout the full changelog below and download the OTA for Nothing OS 2.5.
Nothing OS 2.5 brings a redesigned joint Home Screen and Lock Screen page. The edit wallpaper flow has been refined, providing users with a more comprehensive view of options.
It also introduces a new Atmosphere wallpaper effect, transforming background photos into dynamic wallpapers, giving you a seamless transition between the lock and home screens. The Glass wallpaper effect allows users to apply a Glass filter to their favorite wallpapers.
Glyph progress integration for Google Calendar. The Glyph Interface now features a 5-minute countdown, keeping you informed about upcoming events at a glance. Glyph Timer gets an upgrade with time presets, enabling users to quickly set desired durations. Accessible directly from the lock screen, this feature enhances time management without unlocking the device.
With a new Glyph animation for NFC usage and improved Flip to Glyph experience (V-7), Nothing OS 2.5 adds finesse to user interactions, ensuring a smoother and more engaging experience.
Nothing OS 2.5 also introduced new dynamic widgets like the Pedometer Widget to track your daily steps directly from the home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress effortlessly.
Media Player Widget, displaying the currently playing song for a seamless entertainment experience.
The Screen Time Widget, allows you to monitor and manage your daily screen time.
Nothing OS 2.5 Full Changelog
This update transitions you to Nothing OS 2.5.2, powered by Android 14 for Phone 1. Here’s what’s new.
- Redesigned a joint Home Screen and Lock Screen customization page and improved the edit wallpaper flow for a more comprehensive view of options.
- New Atmosphere wallpaper effect: Transform your background photo into a dynamic wallpaper that brings motion to colors on your home screen. A seamless transition between your lock and home screens.
- Introduced solid color wallpapers for a cleaner Home Screen appearance.
- Added a monochrome color theme in the basic color section.
- Glyph Interface
- Get direct access to the Glyph Interface’s Music Visualization feature (some of you may have already discovered it).
- Improved overall Glyph light playback effect when synchronising with your device’s audio.
- Added a new Glyph animation for when NFC is being used.
- Improved the experience of Flip to Glyph.
- Customizable double-press power button to quickly access a chosen feature. Just head to Settings > System > Gestures.
- More Lock Screen shortcut options like: Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner, video camera.
- Capture screenshots quickly with a three-finger swipe gesture.
- New screenshot editor and menu, allowing for more advanced editing features and quick deletions.
- Refreshed the back gesture arrow visual to be more in line with Nothing’s style.
- Quick Settings
- Added support for switching ring modes in Quick Settings.
- You can now directly set your network via Quick Settings without unlocking the device.
- Updated Quick Settings layout and support to show more devices icons.
- New Widgets
- Pedometer Widget: Track your daily steps directly from your home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress to stay motivated.
- Media Player Widget: Displays the currently playing song. Control your music easily while on-the-move.
- Screen Time Widget: Monitor and manage your daily screen time to maintain a healthy digital lifestyle.
- More improvements
- Optimized the experience of the Weather app and improved the notification of weather alerts.
- Made it possible to set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, with an updated volume control interface.
- Automatically excludes the preview of the previous screenshot when taking continuous screenshots.
- Improved the stability of the camera.
- Enhanced the overall smoothness and responsiveness of the system for a more fluid user experience.
- Enhanced system stability and improved battery life.
Download Nothing OS 2.5.2 Hotfix for Phone 1
Here is the full stock firmware or full OTA update zip for Nothing OS 2.5 for Nothing Phone 1.
- Download Nothing OS 2.5.2 Hotfix for Phone 1
- Download Nothing OS 2.5.2 for Phone 1
- Nothing OS 2.0.5 update for Phone 1
- Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2
- Join our Telegram Channel
How to Install Nothing OS 2.5 full OTA update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
- Go to “Settings > About phone > Software info” to confirm that your system has been updated to the latest version (Nothing OS 2.0). If not, please go to “Settings > System > System update” to check for updates.
- Download the latest software update package.
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- The local update tool should launch.
- In the drop-down list that appears, select the upgrade package you just copied.
* If the upgrade package does not appear in the drop-down list, tap the “Browse” button to select the “ota” folder and then select the upgrade package.
- Tap the “Directly apply OTA from selection” button to start updating.
- Reboot your device after the upgrade process is complete.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reboot your device. We strongly recommend selecting “Confirm” here, as upgrades require a reboot to enter the new version.
- Upgrade successful
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is
- Downgrade NOS 1.5.6 | Download roll-back package
Warning! Be careful while downgrading. Your phone storage may be formatted, and all your data will be erased. We recommend treating the beta with caution and backing up your information.