Nothing Tech CEO Carl Pei just recently teased Android 14 for the Nothing Phone 1. While the firm prepares for Android 14 beta program, the users on stable version will continue to receive monthly software updates. Today’s Nothing OS 1.5.4 OTA is a big update featuring Network optimization, fingerprint improvements, new NDot Cyrillic font support, QR code scanner to camera app, several bug fixes, and improvements.
Nothing OS 1.5.4 update brings an easier way to send feedback to the software team. Users can now send feedback by going to “Settings > System > Feedback.” This feature will enable Nothing to gather feedback from users and make improvements to the OS based on their needs and preferences.
The firm reduced standby power consumption by optimizing the 4G to 5G network switching function. The Phone 1 will now consume less power when in standby mode. This improvement will extend the battery life of the device.
The Bluetooth functions in Quick Settings have also been optimized, providing users with faster access to paired devices.
The QR code scanning feature has also been improved in this update, making it smoother and more convenient to use. Users can now scan UPI QR codes directly through the camera app and choose a payment app on their device to complete the transaction. This feature may be restricted to India.
The fingerprint pattern unlocking experience has also been optimized, making it more accurate and reliable. Pop-up view animations have also been made smoother, providing users with a more seamless experience when using this feature. The update has also integrated the Google Safety Center.
Most importantly, a new NDot Cyrillic font is available for Belarusian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian, and Ukrainian languages. This feature will be particularly useful for users who communicate in these languages.
Bug fixes include freeze issues during Pop-up view, improved notification display in Quick Settings, error message during face unlock setup, and improved time-stamp accuracy for photos.
Download Nothing OS 1.5.4 OTA update sized 119 MB from below.
Nothing OS 1.5.4 Patch Notes
- What’s new:
- MI New feedback feature. Send us feedback on your Nothing OS experience by going to “Settings > System > Feedback” so that we can keep improving!
- Reduced standby power consumption by optimising 4G / 5G network switching function.
- Optimized Bluetooth functions in Quick Settings, including new fast access to paired devices.
- Smoother QR code transactions. You can now scan UPI QR codes directly through the camera app and choose a payment app on your device to complete the transaction (only available in select regions).
- Optimized the fingerprint pattern unlocking experience.
- Smoother Pop-up view animations.
- IP Integrated Google Safety Center.
- Added NDot Cyrillic font support for Belarusian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian and Ukrainian.
- Other improvements:
- Resolved freeze issues during Pop-up view.
- Improved notification display in Quick Settings.
- Resolved error message during face unlock setup.
- Fixed incoming call notifications to come through without delay.
- Improved time-stamp accuracy for photos.
- Other general improvements.
- Update size: 119 MB
Watch the Nothing OS 1.5 feature presentation:
Download Nothing OS 1.5.4 OTA Update
Here are the OTA update zips for the latest Nothing OS 1.5.4 stable (Android 13) available for download directly from the manufacturer’s servers.
Note: From the Nothing OS 1.5.1 Android 13, EEA & Global firmware are now unified! This is great news as you only need a single file.
How to Install Nothing OS 1.5.4 onto Nothing Phone 1?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is
Troubleshooting Error Code 2
Note: If you receive Error Code 2 while installation like this:
Set the time zone to Cina, Shangai to use the offline updater or local upgrade.
Go to settings > Search Date & Time > untick automatic hours > Set timezone to Region China / Shangai.
Retry installation. Thanks to M1Κ4_3L.