Nothing OS 1.5.3 OTA update 1 was released last week with tons of new features, bug fixes, and quality-of-life improvements to the Phone 1. However, the update also had some critical bugs like missing or delayed notifications. So the update was put on hold — until today a new Nothing OS 1.5.3 HotFix update is rolling out.
Nothing OS 1.5.3 hotfix update weighs only 16 MB for those already on the previous original version. As for the users running Nothing OS 1.5.2, the OTA weighs 91 MB. The update is reportedly live in India. Other regions like Europe, UK, and USA will follow shortly.
Download Nothing OS 1.5.3 hotfix OTA update from below.
Nothing OS 1.5 Update (Android 13)
Last month, Nothing Phone-1 received the most anticipated Android 13 firmware update with stable build Nothing OS 1.5. The update came with tons of new features, Android 13 goodies, new wallpapers, ringtones, and much more.
It is now time for the monthly security updates and bug fixes. While the stable version was released last month, it still needs some tuning. Nothing Tech has delivered on the promise and released several bug fixes after community feedback with NOS 1.5.3.
Nothing OS 1.5.3 Features and Full Changelog
Nothing OS 1.5.3 for the Phone 1 adds new features like support for manually adding games to Game Mode. Added new wallpapers and support for the newly launched Ear (2)
Most importantly, NOS 1.5.3 brings a new RAM management algorithm that claims to reduce app restart time by over 35% and lowered CPU consumption. This ultimately leads to improved battery life.
NOS 1.5.3 also brings a ton of bug fixes and stability improvements like Smoother animations, fingerprint, enhanced NIght Light, mode, fixed issues with Glpyh light, and more.
The OTA is only 91.79 MB in size and is only a Hotfix update and may not be a security bump to the latest March 2023 patch.
- What’s New
- New support for manually adding games to Game Mode (games not installed from Play Store will not be able to be used with the Game Dashboard).
- Smoother animations for pop-up view.
- Improved fingerprint transition between the lock screen and AOD.
- New wallpapers.
- Added support for Ear (2).
- New memory management algorithm that reduces app restart times by over 35% and lowers CPU consumption to improve overall battery life. Improved system stability.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed abnormal appearance of Night Light mode in certain scenarios.
- Fixed the flashing charging prompt on the AOD interface.
- Fixed issue where Glyph lights did not show for incoming WhatsApp calls.
- Fixed freeze issues during YouTube video playback.
- Fixed issue where weather data did not show in the Quick Look widget.
- Other general bug fixes.
- Update size: 91.79 MB
Watch the Nothing OS 1.5 feature presentation:
Download Nothing OS 1.5.3 HotFix OTA Update
Here are the OTA update zips for the latest Nothing OS 1.5.3 stable (Android 13) available for download directly from the manufacturer’s servers.
Note: From the Nothing OS 1.5.1 Android 13, EEA & Global firmware are now unified! This is great news as you only need a single file.
- NOTHING OS 1.5.3 HotFix
- EEA & Global Stable incremental from 1.5.2
NOTHING OS 1.5.3 EEA & Global Stable incremental from 1.5.2
- Nothing OS 1.5.2
How to Install Android 13 OTA Update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
You can also use the Activity Launcher app or QuickShortcutMaker to locate and execute the “OfflineOTAUpgrade” tool.
The package name you should be looking for is
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.