Google released the latest Android Security Bulletin for April 2023 with tons of bugs and about 68 vulnerability fixes. Last week, Samsung already rolled out the latest security patch for the Korean variants along with the new Google system update from March 2023. After the Galaxy S23, the April 2023 update is now rolling out to the Galaxy S22.
The April 2023 update is now rolling out globally for the Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra series weighing about 1GB in size. According to Samsung’s update log, the update features several camera improvements and gallery upgrades. It also changed some functionalities to make the user experience better and faster. Check out the complete changelog below.
The latest security patch takes the firmware build of S22 device to S901BXXU4CWCG. The update will soon come to other regions including the United States, all European countries, and Asia.
Keep an eye on Samsung April 2023 security bulletin. The update will fix several vulnerabilities.
Furthermore, Samsung also released the latest March 2023 Google Play system updates.
What’s new with Samsung Galaxy S23 April 2023 update?
The key highlight of the update is the all-new Image Clipper in the Samsung Gallery. With this feature, you can clip or crop any image just by holding onto the image.
To use the Image Clipper, open an image using the Samsung Gallery app. Tap and hold the object you want to crop, and it will automatically clip the selected object. It will automatically identify the object or person in the image and clip it from the original image. You can drag and drop the object and even save it in the clipboard.
A Samsung community moderator post showcased everything new with the latest April 2023 update for the Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra
For one, Samsung added a new feature to the gallery app so that you can immediately delete photos that are being processed immediately after taking them with the camera.
For faster photo capture, the AF functionality has been changed such that when the user presses the capture button, a photo can be taken even without setting the focus. If you want to change this functionality, you can do so in the latest Camera Assistant app.
Visit – Camera Assistant > Prioritize focus over speed (focus priority) On.
Improved sharpness or flicker and added notice when shooting Ultrawide in low light. Also improved image stabilization when shooting with FHD60 after setting Auto FPS Off in rear video. The update also improved line-shaped banding noise in the sky in mid to low light conditions.
Here is the complete changelog: (Translated from Korean language)
1. A function has been added to the gallery so that you can immediately delete photos that are being processed immediately after taking them with the camera.
2. For faster photo taking, the AF concept has been changed so that when the user presses the shooting button, the user can take a photo even when the focus is not completely set.
However, if you want to shoot after completing Focus as before, please change the settings in the latest Camera Assistant.
* Camera Assistant > Prioritize focus over speed (focus priority) On
3. Improved sharpness/flicker and added notice when shooting Ultrawide in low light indoors after setting Camera Video Mode > Super Steady On.
* “To take a good Super Steady photo, I need more light.”
4. Fixed a phenomenon where a green line was intermittently displayed on the left side when shooting in the rear photo mode.
5. Improved image stabilization when shooting with FHD60 after setting Auto FPS Off in rear video.
6. Improved line-shaped banding noise in the sky in mid-low light when shooting high-pixel in low-mid light.
Optimized overall sharpness for high-pixel shooting and improved intermittent blurring through OIS stabilization.
7. Fixed a malfunction when shooting after Night Off in low light after selecting Shooting Speed > High Resolution > Speed Priority in Camera Assistant.
* Camera Assistant > Shooting Speed > High Resolution > Speed Priority, then Camera > Night Off or Scene Optimizer Off
8. Fixed an issue where face recognition could not be recognized intermittently after ending a 3rd party video call.
9. Stability has been improved for camera movements introduced through other routes.
March 2023 Google Play System Updates
Samsung also released the latest Google Play system updates from March 1, 2023.
If you don’t already know, Google System updates make your Android devices more secure and reliable and give you new and useful features. This can enable features from Google like the Coolawalk for Android Auto, a newer version of Nearby Share, and much more.
See what’s new with the March 2023 Google Play system updates from here.
The Google Play System updates can be downloaded from Settings > About Phone > and tap on Google Play System update. This will download and install the latest version. If you haven’t updated it in a while, you will need to update it multiple times and start your phone.
The latest Samsung Galaxy phones head-on with the Google Pixel devices as they both run on the latest Android versions.
How to download OTA updates on Samsung Galaxy phones?
The latest firmware for Samsung phones upto the Galaxy S20 series is One UI 5.1 based on Android 13.
Here is how to download the latest update.
- Make sure you have connected to a WiFi network on your Galaxy device.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Software Update.”
- Download OTA updates manually.
You can also download OTA updates for Galaxy Watch by visiting the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.