A couple of months ago, the upcoming Nothing Tech firm released the most anticipated Android 13 firmware update for their popular Phone 1 via Nothing OS 1.5 Open Beta program. After just two months, the beta program has concluded successfully. Today, the firm released the first stable firmware based on Android 13 featuring the new build Nothing OS 1.5.2 with all the new features, stability improvements, and bug fixes.
The stable Nothing OS 1.5 for the Phone 1 features Android 13 and all of its goodies including the Material You design, dynamic wallpaper-based theme engine, app permissions, QR code scanner shortcut, support for per-app language selector, Live Captions, and much more!
The update also brings new content such as glyph ringtones and unique notification sound packs. It also features a new collection of minimalist wallpapers in the customization menu on the home screen. Long press in a blank space on the homescreen to change wallpapers.
Nothing Tech also claims to have improved system performance significantly. Fingerprint unlock accuracy has improved by up to 12%. App startup speed has increased by up to 71%. Standby power consumption has improved by up to 50%.
You can now also customize the Lockscreen shortcuts and choose to display the camera, torch, device controls, and wallet.
The firm made animations smoother. Fixed the display auto brightness bug. Improved Camera app UI and animations. Improved battery life. Increased system stability and bug fixes.
The Nothing X app has now been baked into the system. Checkout the complete changelog below.
Nothing OS 1.5 Features List and Full Changelog
- Experience Nothing OS 1.5, powered by Android 13. With all new features and improvements.
- Weather app
- New Nothing weather app
- Tapping a weather widget on the homescreen now directly opens the corresponding city in the app instead of opening a link.
- All new Glyph soundpack for more ringtone and notification sounds.
- More color schemes available from the wallpaper selector.
- New collection of minimalist wallpapers.
- Icons can match your background colour to make your home screen look more consistent.
- Lockscreen shortcut customisations. Create shortcuts for camera, torch, device controls, and wallet.
- Improved experience
- Easily switch data usage when using dual SIM with the improved network Quick Settings panel.
- Automatically show the current network and display how much mobile data you have used in Quick Settings.
- Directly scan a QR code in the Camera app. Scanner also appears as a shortcut in Quick Settings.
- Select language preferences for different apps.
- Visual improvement
- A New look for Media Control. Puts album artwork on full display with a wider set of music controls.
- Improved volume settings panel. Allows granular volume control without unlocking the device.
- Improved Game Mode light notifications. So there is less distraction when you are playing.
- Smoother animations when transitioning the display between on and off.
- More refined Camera app interface.
- Privacy and safety
- Get an alert when an app accesses your clipboard. Cleared history after a period of time to prevent unwanted access.
- Added Personal Safety app.
- Better privacy protection including Photo Picker, nearby Wi-Fi devices permission, and select media permission.
- System performance
- Fingerprint unlock accuracy has improved by up to 12%.
- App startup speed has increased by up to 71%.
- Standby power consumption has improved by up to 50%.
Implemented a new self-repair feature to periodically delete unused system dumps and cache.
- Increased system stability.
- General bug fixes.
- Update size: 157 MB for beta
Watch the Nothing OS 1.5 feature presentation:
Download Nothing OS 1.5.2 Stable Version (Android 13)
Here are the OTA update zips for the latest Nothing OS 1.5.2 stable (Android 13) available for download directly from the manufacturer’s servers.
Note: From the Nothing OS 1.5.1 Android 13, EEA & Global firmware are now unified! This is great news as you only need a single file.
- NOTHING OS 1.5.2
- Nothing OS 1.5.1 HotFix Beta 2
How to Install Android 13 OTA Update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is