New Android Auto stable build 8.5.624554 is now available for download with latest features. The most anticipated Coolwalk UI is now available with Android Auto 8.6 beta or later for all and stable versions for eligible car head units. Here, download latest APK and activate Coolwalk interface.
In a previous Google IO event, the firm teased Android Auto’s upcoming user interface with multitasking and split-screen features. You can use maps, play music, and see important notifications all in one interface. This is a great design for all car head units as you can access all the useful information on a single interface.
As we reported earlier, the latest Android Auto v8.5 features Coolwalk UI for a car head units. However, that’s for the beta program only. Although we have stable Android Auto 8.5, it will activate Coolwalk for only a select few users.
Nevertheless, the latest Android Auto 8.5 stable comes with stability improvements and also prepared the app for a dark theme for the smartphone interface. Today, Google released a new build for Android Auto with version 8.5.624554.
Android Auto Coodwalk UI
Coolwalk enables the user to run numerous apps side by side in what seems to be a card-based interface. It is cleaner, more organized, and displays information in split-screen. Coolwalk has a UI inspired by Apple CarPlay dashboard.
According to Android Authority, the key highlights are:
- Google Maps is now larger and easier to access in the new dashboard, which is closer to the driver.
- The media card on the dashboard has a completely new appearance and dynamically expands and contracts.
- Users now have more options for layouts on large screens thanks to the ability to make the map occupy the entire Android Auto space.
- To make it simple to switch between recently used apps with just one tap, a new app dock has been added to the rail.
- More system components now use Material You and have modernized UI elements and layouts.
- With just one swipe of the dashboard media card, you can now access Google Assistant’s recommendations for music and other media.
Checkout Android Auto Coolwalk UI in action:
Features of Android Auto
Android Auto has numerous features that you can put to use for a smarter and more entertaining ride with fewer unsafe distractions. Some of them are listed below:
- Use either your phone screen or car display.
- Call Contacts while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- This platform is integrated with the OK Google feature(Google Assistant), which means you can control this platform with the help of your voice.
- Easily stream your favorite music from apps like Spotify, Youtube Music, Pandora music, etc.
- Distraction-free user interface.
- Support messaging apps like Skype, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc.
Users can take the advantage of this platform in any vehicle which offers integration with the platform. There are more than 500 different vehicles that offer this support. Some of these include Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, etc.
Download Android Auto 8.5 APK Stable Version
In order to use Android Auto in your vehicle, you must have an Android phone running 8.0 or above and a high-quality USB cable for a wired connection.
For the first time, Google released x86 version!
- Android Auto APK v8.5.624554 (arm64)
- Android Auto APK v8.5.624553 (arm-v7a)
- Android Auto APK v8.5.624557 (x86)
A tutorial on how to enable Coolwalk on Android Auto without Root is below. The complete version is Android Auto 8.5.624554 stable.