Update Wednesday, November 30, 2022 (UTC): Nothing Phone European variants now receiving Nothing OS 1.1.7 firmware update. Download OTA update zip below.
Since Nothing Phone 1‘s launch earlier this year, the phone has received fair amounts of criticism from the Android community. However, the company, NothingTech, has been rolling out several OTA updates fixing every minor bug. The previous Nothing OS 1.1.6 was one of the crucial updates in terms of stability as it featured significant improvements to the fluidity of the system and launcher. Today, the firm released Nothing OS 1.1.7 OTA for Global and European variants. Download OTA zip below.
Nothing OS 1.1.7 OTA comes in a small package of 80MB in size. It brings support for battery percentage display on AirPods. You can enable it in Settings – Experimental features.
As for the security patch, some regions will receive the newer October 2022 security patch update, most likely Europe. Whereas, Global/India will receive November Security Patch level.
Most importantly, it improved OS fluidity and reduced stutters. Adjusted the thermal threshold to better balance performance and temperature. Improved audio quality when recording videos. More accurate battery status.
Bug fixes include issues causing Whatsapp notifications to be unresponsive in lockscreen mode.
The previous Nothing OS 1.1.6 OTA brought huge camera improvements, added 3 new features, latest security patch level, several system improvements, and tons of bug fixes.
Nothing OS 1.1.7 Features and Full Changelog
The latest system update is now available with new features, bug fixes, and system improvements. The incremental OTA zip weighs about 79.72 MB in size.
- New features
- Now supports battery percentage display for AirPods. You can enable it in Settings – Experimental features.
- Improvements Updated to October / November Security Patch.
- Improved OS fluidity and reduced stutters.
- Adjusted the thermal threshold to better balance performance and temperature.
- Improved audio quality when recording videos.
- More accurate battery status.
- Bug Fixes
- Resolved an issue causing Whatsapp notifications to be unresponsive in lockscreen.
- General bug fixes.
Download Nothing OS 1.1.7 for Nothing Phone 1
Here you can download the latest Nothing OS 1.1.7 full-stock firmware zips and OTA updates captured directly from the Nothing Phone 1.
The phone is quite new and not many hold it right now. Also, the OTA download links are not yet available publicly. Stay tuned for the same.
Before you download, Nothing offers two distinct regional variants of Nothing OS.
- “EEA” version is intended for European countries as it meets the requirements of the European Privacy Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The “Global Version” is intended for Asian and Australian devices.
- Nothing Phone EEA
- Nothing Phone Global/India
- Incremental Nothing OS 1.1.7 OTA (from 1.1.6) (Spacewar)
- Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Android 13 for Nothing Phone 1
Nothing Tech will soon start the Android 13 beta. Stay tuned as we will be the first to make the OTA downloads available here.
How to Install Nothing Phone 1 OTA Update?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is