Google just recently released Android Auto 8.2 APK via stable channel. Simultaneously releasing a new branch of Android Auto 8.3 beta update with new features, stability improvements, and bug fixes. Here, download the latest Android Auto 8.3.1240 APK for Android 8.0, 9 Pie, 10, 11, 12, and 13.
While Google has teased the most awaited Coolwalk UI feature for all Android Auto devices, that reality seems far as the latest v8.3 beta does not feature Coolwalk. You can still enable Coolwalk if you have a rooted Android device though. Then you can force enable it using the AA-Tweaker app listed at the end of the article.
As for what’s new in Android Auto 8.3 update, the Weather and Temperature toggles are back. Yes, for some users, these features went missing along the way. Now they are back.
Here are the key highlights of the update:
- The weather toggle is back.
- Temperature is back
- The new “media suggestions” icon is back located next to the notification bell featuring news, Google Podcasts content, and much more.
Note that some of these features are already available for AA users while other are just receiving them now.
Thanks to moralesnery for the screenshots.
Moreover, some users have reported that the PC head unit emulator, with a screen resolution of 1280×720 or above, unlocks the Coolwalk UI. It may as well unlock CoolWalk UI for car display units with the same screen size or higher.
Alternatively, you can force enable Coolwalk UI on any Android Auto using AA Tweaker. Full tutorial at the end.
Android Auto 8.3 beta is a brand-new beta update featuring several under-the-hood changes. Google is also preparing the app for a widespread Coolwalk UI overhaul, via a server-side update. You may also want to keep the Google Play Store and Play Services APK updated.
Android Auto 8.3 Features
Android Auto has numerous features that you can put to use for a smarter and more entertaining ride with fewer unsafe distractions. Some of them are listed below:
- Use either your phone screen or car display.
- Call Contacts while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- This platform is integrated with the OK Google feature(Google Assistant), which means you can control this platform with the help of your voice.
- Easily stream your favorite music from apps like Spotify, Youtube Music, Pandora music, etc.
- Distraction-free user interface.
- Support messaging apps like Skype, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc.
Users can take the advantage of this platform in any vehicle which offers integration with the platform. There are more than 500 different vehicles that offer this support. Some of these include Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, etc.
New Android Auto 8.3.1240 Beta APK Download
In order to use Android Auto in your vehicle, you must have an Android phone running 8.0 or above and a high-quality USB cable for wired connection. The latest version available is Android Auto – Google Maps, Media & Messaging 8.0 on the stable channel and v8.3 on the beta channel.
Currently, there are very few devices that are compatible with this app and you cannot download this app on those devices through Play Store. You can check the full list on Play Store here.
- Android Auto APK v8.3 (arm64) | Telegram Channel | APK Mirror
- Android Auto APK v8.3 (arm-v7a) | Telegram Channel | APK Mirror
More stable versions:
The complete version is Android Auto 8.1.123404-release.daily beta (Android 8.0+).
Android Auto 8.3 Beta Tester
Download Android Auto from Play Store
Android Auto is a wonderful app to have. The self-driving car may be the automobile’s distant future, but the near future is already in your pocket and it’s pretty awesome.
How to force enable Coolwalk on Android Auto?
You can force enable Coolwalk UI on Android Auto if your device is rooted using a tool called AA-Tweaker. This tool can apply patches to Google Play Services that will enable some extra functionality on Android Auto such as the Collwalk Interface.
- Download the latest Android Auto APK from above.
- Download the latest AA-Tweaker here.
- Install the AA-Tweaker APK on your device.
- Launch it and apply patches.
- Restart your phone.
- Launch Android Auto app.
Enjoy Coolwalk on AA. Join Telegram Channel