The most anticipated Android Auto 8.1 update is now available for download. This is a brand new stable update following Android Auto 8.0 update that just recently came out featuring several compatibility improvements and preparing the app for an upcoming Coolwalk UI overhaul. Here, download the latest Android Auto 8.1.6261 APK for every Android device.
Android Auto is the only major competitor to Apple Car Play. Thus, Google has to keep it updated with latest features, bug fixes, and stability improvements for all the Car displays out there running Android OS.
Google doesn’t post any changelog or patch notes for Android Auto. However, several users have reported this update to be a significant upgrade in terms of smoothness and compatibility for several car displays and Android smartphones.
Google is also test-driving theupcoming Coolwalk UI feature for some users. However, there’s a twist. Some users have reported that the PC head unit emulator, with a screen resolution of 1280×720 or above, may unlock the Coolwalk UI on select devices. It may as well unlock CoolWalk UI for car display units with similar screen size or higher.
Google is also preparing the app for a widespread Coolwalk UI overhaul, via a server-side update. You may also want to keep the Google Play Store and Play Services APK updated.
Alternatively, you can force enable Coolwalk UI on any Android Auto using the latest 8.1 APK; more on that below.
Moreover, the new Android Auto beta version 8.1.223544 codenamed “dogfood” comes with experimental features. There are a few changes. The app has a dog paw under the Android Auto logo. You will find the engineering settings menu. No, coolwalk was not added.
Features of Android Auto 8.1
Android Auto has numerous features that you can put to use for a smarter and more entertaining ride with fewer unsafe distractions. Some of them are listed below:
- Use either your phone screen or car display.
- Call Contacts while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- This platform is integrated with the OK Google feature(Google Assistant), which means you can control this platform with the help of your voice.
- Easily stream your favorite music from apps like Spotify, Youtube Music, Pandora music, etc.
- Distraction-free user interface.
- Support messaging apps like Skype, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc.
Users can take the advantage of this platform in any vehicle which offers integration with the platform. There are more than 500 different vehicles that offer this support. Some of these include Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, etc.
Latest Stable Android Auto 8.1 APK Download
In order to use Android Auto in your vehicle, you must have an Android phone running 8.0 or above and a high-quality USB cable for wired connection. The latest version available is Android Auto – Google Maps, Media & Messaging 8.1 on the stable channel and v8.0 on the beta channel.
Currently, there are very few devices that are compatible with this app and you cannot download this app on those devices through Play Store. You can check the full list on Play Store here.
If you don’t see the latest Android Auto 8.1.6261update on the Play Store, then download the APK directly from below. This will get you the latest stable version on your Android device.
- Android Auto APK v8.1.6261 (arm64) | Telegram Channel | AFH Mirror
- Android Auto APK v8.1.6261 (arm-v7a) | Telegram Channel | AFH Mirror
- Android Auto APK v8.1.6261 (x86) | AFH Mirror
- Android Auto APK v8.1.6261 (x86_64) | AFH Mirror
The complete version is Android Auto 8.1.626114-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 8.0+).
Android Auto 8.1 Beta
Download Android Auto from Play Store
Android Auto is a wonderful app to have. The self-driving car may be the automobile’s distant future, but the near future is already in your pocket and it’s pretty awesome.
Android Auto 8.1 “dogfood” APK Download
Here is the latest Android Auto 8.1.223544 “dogfood” beta update with some experimental features. This beta update is meant for developers and comes with experimental options.
- Android Auto 8.1.223544 “dogfood” (arm64) | APK Download
- Android Auto 8.1.223544 “dogfood” (arm-v7a) | APK Download
How to force enable Coolwalk on Android Auto?
You can force enable Coolwalk UI on Android Auto if your device is rooted using a tool called AA-Tweaker. This tool can apply patches to Google Play Services that will enable some extra functionality on Android Auto such as the Collwalk Interface.
- Download the latest Android Auto APK from above.
- Download the latest AA-Tweaker here.
- Install the AA-Tweaker APK on your device.
- Launch it and apply patches.
- Restart your phone.
- Launch Android Auto app.
Enjoy Coolwalk on AA.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.