Last year, Google released a brand new Android 12 OS update followed by Android 12.1/12L for larger screens like tablets and foldable smartphones. OnePlus immediately released Android 12 developer preview followed by an Open Beta program for its custom Oxygen OS 12 firmware update.
All major OnePlus devices including the 10 series, 9 series, and 8 series have already received stable Android 12 firmware update. Today, the smartphone maker rolled out the most anticipated Oxygen OS 12.1 based update for the flagship OnePlus 9RT and the budget Nord CE 5G based on Android 12. The full OTA is now available for download.
Android 12 features a new wallpaper-based theming engine based on the brand new Material You visuals. This theme engine will automatically apply a systemwide accent with different color pallets based on the home screen wallpaper. OnePlus has it’s own implementation of Material You implemented in Oxygen OS 12.1 and the upcoming Oxygen OS 13.
As for the Oxygen OS 12.1 firmware, OnePlus brings a new colorful user interface for the OnePlus Nord CE 5G, resembling it’s Color OS 12 counterpart. As for the OnePlus 9RT, it retains the Oxygen OS look.
Unfortunately, the OnePlus shelf is still present and won’t be replaced by Google Discover. However, you can still get the discover feed using this tutorial: How to Get Google Discover Feed on any Smartphone For Home Screen.
Oxygen OS 12.1 Complete Features & Changelog
Here is the complete changelog for OnePlus 9 RT
Here is the complete changelog for OnePlus Nord Ce 5G
Oxygen OS 12.1 features
Oxygen OS 12 features Android 12 goodies along with core OnePlus features and updated apps.
• Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
• Newly added Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly
• Newly added a chart to display your battery usage
• Optimized the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
• Newly supported three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
• Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
• Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
• Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
• Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
• Newly added Work-Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
• Supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
• Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
• Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
• Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
• Optimized the gaming experience in team fight scenes
• Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
• Optimized the display of camera modes on the menu bar
• Optimized the experience of zooming in or out when shooting videos with rear camera
• Newly added visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions
• Newly supported more system apps in TalkBack, including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
• Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
Download Oxygen OS 12.1 for the OnePlus 9RT
Here, download and install the stable Oxygen OS 12.1 (Android 12) full stock firmware or full OTA update zip for your OnePlus 9RT device. Android 12 is currently available for the Indian variant.
Download Oxygen OS 12.1 for the OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Here, download and install the stable Oxygen OS 12.1 (Android 12) full stock firmware or full OTA update zip for your OnePlus Nord CE 5G device. Android 12 is currently available for the Indian variant.
- ColorOS Global Server: Full (coming soon…)
- Google OTA Server: Full (coming soon…)
How to update your OnePlus device to Oxygen OS 12.1?
MP version – Stable official version
DP version – Developer Preview version
OBT Version – Open Beta version
MP and OBT to DP upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update
Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
How to Downgrade OnePlus devices to Stable Android 11 (Without Losing Data) from Android 12
Note: After downgrading to Android 11, some applications might be lost. You can upgrade to the latest Oxygen OS 11 stable version to restore apps by downloading and installing the packages below.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.