OnePlus recently released the most anticipated OxygenOS 12 stable firmware update for the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 8T, and the OnePlus 9R based on Android 12. Later, the European variants received the same update featuring new build C.15 with March 2022 security patches. After a couple of minor updates, here is the latest Oxygen OS 12.1 C.20 OTA Update for OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 8T, and OnePlus 9R available for download featuring the latest May 2022 security patches.
While the C.20 update may appear small with just a security patch bump, the OTA weighs a whopping 1GB in size! The changelog also states system stability improvements. According to some OnePlus users, the Oxygen OS 12.1 C.20 OTA update comes with tons of bug fixes and under the hood performance improvements.
Furthermore, the previous Oxygen OS 12.1 based C16 HotFix update for the Global and Indian variants addressed battery drain issues. According to the changelog, C.16 optimized the power consumption in some scenarios and improved battery life performance.
The previous C.15 version increased charging speed, enhanced calling quality, and addresses a Face Unlock glitch. The OTA also brought the Android security patch level to March 2022. Check out the complete changelog from below.
Today, a minor OTA update is rolling out for the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T series with the build number Oxygen OS 12.1 C17 with optimizations for sending and receiving messages. It also improved system stability.
While it is advised to immediately update to Android 12 C.20 OTA, it is only available for the Indian variants as of now. For the global or Indian variants, you may need to wait and check the download section for the full OTA download links.
OxygenOS 12 C.20 Features and Changelog
- [Optimized] the stability of sending and receiving messages
- [Improved] system stability
- [Optimized] the power consumption in some scenarios, improved battery life performance
Download OxygenOS 12 C.20 for OnePlus 8 Series and OnePlus 9R with Android 12
The OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, and OnePlus 9R are all receiving the new C.16 OTA update featuring Android 12. It weighs just 78.11 MB in size. So it’s a minor but critical hotfix software update.
Here you can download and install OxygenOS 12 C.16 full stock firmware zips as well as incremental OTA updates. The OTA weighs only 78 MB in size. However, the following are full packages weighing ~3 GB in size. Install via local upgrade method.
The following packages are intended for the model numbers as listed below:
- Packages with build tag IN11DA are intended for the following variant:
- Packages with build tag IN11AA are intended for the following variant:
- Packages with build tag IN11BA are intended for the following variant:
Note: As of writing this article, only the OTA update zips are available. For full stock firmware, stay tuned!
First, make sure your device is on the
- Download Stable Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, and 8T [Updated Full OTA]
- Incremental OTA from C.11 to C.15 OTA update
- Stable Oxygen OS 12 for European (EU) OnePlus 8 series
You may also like to see:
Download Oxygen OS 12.1 C.20 for OnePlus 8
- Global (IN2015_11_C.20):
- Increment (IN2015_11_C.11)
Download Oxygen OS 12.1 C.20 for OnePlus 8 Pro
- Europe EUEX (IN2023_11.C.20):
- India (IN2021_11.C.20):
- Full OTA
- Incremental from C.16 to C.20
- Global (IN2025_11_C.11):
Download Oxygen OS 12.1 C.20 for OnePlus 8T
- Europe EUEX (KB2003_11.C.20):
- India (KB2001_11.C.20):
- Global (KB2005_11_C.11):
- Full OTA
- Increment OTA (C.16 to C.20)
Bonus Download Oxygen OS 12 C.20 for OnePlus 9R
How to install Oxygen OS 12.1 full stock firmware onto OnePlus 8 series?
Most of the above-listed updates are incremental OTA updates. Meaning, you need to be on the previous Oxygen OS 11 firmware and install the OTA zip via stock recovery or via adb commands.
Visit this tutorial here for incremental OTA: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Alternatively, for full updates, do the following:
MP version – Stable official version
DP version – Developer Preview version
OBT Version – Open Beta version
MP and OBT to DP upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update
Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
Downgrade to Android 11 via rollback package on OnePlus 8 series