Earlier this month, Samsung started rolling out the latest One UI 4.1 firmware update for the previous generation flagship phones. This includes the Galaxy S21 series, the Galaxy S20 and Note 20 series, and even the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series. While the Galaxy S9, S9+, and the Note 9 may have stopped receiving Android OS updates, you can still revive your old phone by installing a custom ROM called Noble ROM v2.1 featuring One UI 4.1 firmware from the Galaxy S22 series.
One UI 4.1 firmware update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, and Note 9, thanks to developer AlexisXDA for deploying the latest version of Noble ROM 2.1. The Noble ROM 2.1 is based on Galaxy Note 10’s official OneUI 4.1 update with the build (HVC6) and March 2022 Security Patch level.
All the OneUI 4.1 features and updated Samsung apps have been ported to the custom ROM. The firmware has been odexed, a little debloated, and added some tweaks for best performance and better battery. The ROM also comes pre-rooted with the latest Magisk v24.3.
On top of this, you get features like remap Bixby button, disabled RMM Lock, Google Pay working (Hide via Magisk or Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.2), Secure Folder working, S22 Wallpapers. The best thing is the default Samsung camera app with features like photo remaster, Object Eraser, and Extra Dim available.
Here, download and install NOBLE ROM 2.1 for Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9 series with Noble custom ROM port.
Noble ROM 2.1 Features and Changelog for Galaxy S9 and Note 9
Noble ROM 2.1 for Galaxy S9 and Note 9 feature list:
- SM-N96xF/FD supported.
- Based on official OneUI 4.1 N10+ (HVC6) with March’s Security Patches.
- All OneUI 4 stuffs have been ported successfully
- Odexed, Hardly Debloated and added some tweaks for best performance and better battery.
- Added some tweaks in order to have the best smoothness and general performance!
- Make your ROM! OUR aroma allows you to select everything you want to have on your phone in order to improve the user experience!
- Remappable Bixby Button
- Disabled RMM Lock.
- Google Pay working (Hide it with Magisk)
- Secure Folder working
- S22 Wallpapers
- Photo Remaster, Object Eraser and Extra Dim available
- Protect Battery option and RAM Plus Enabled
- Useful Cards section enabled in Messages Apps
- Improved zoom quality in gallery
- Useful cards tab enabled in messages
- Night mode zoom on camera.
- Night mode on hyperlapse.
- Enabled Dolby on Game.
- Power key in notification panel.
- Samsung App Lock.
- iOS 15 Emoji’s selectable in aroma.
One UI 4.1 Update
One UI 4.1 brings you the latest features for your Galaxy devices. More intuitive, more fun, more secure, and easier than ever.
Check out the changes below.
Add portrait effects
You can now add background blur to any picture with a person in view.
Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images
Save storage space by converting motion photos to still images. Gallery will suggest pictures where motion isn’t necessary, such as documents.
Share albums as links
No need to invite people to shared albums individually anymore. Just create a link that can be shared with anyone, even if they don’t have a Samsung account or Galaxy device.
All your invitations together
Easily accept invitations to shared albums, even if you miss the notifications. Invitations that you haven’t responded to yet will appear at the top of your shared album list.
Create time lapse videos
Turn a picture into a vivid 24-hour time-lapse video. A button will appear for pictures of scenery including the sky, bodies of water, mountains, or cities. Your video will appear as if an entire day has passed.
Express yourself like never before in augmented reality. Create your own emojis, stickers, doodles, and more.
More decorations for your emoji stickers
Show your own unique style by adding GIFs from Tenor as decorations for your custom AR emoji stickers.
Background colors in mask mode
Keep the focus on your AR emoji while wearing it as a mask. Choose from a variety of colors to use as your background.
Your Home screen widgets just got smarter. Just choose the widgets you want and let your Galaxy do the rest.
Group widgets together
Save space on your Home screen by combining multiple widgets into one Smart Widget. Swipe left or right to scroll through your widgets, or set them to rotate automatically to show you the most relevant information based on your activity.
Get suggestions on your Home screen
Your Smart Widget will tell you when it’s time to charge your Galaxy Buds, when it’s time to get ready for an event on your calendar, and more.
Stay in touch with high-quality video calls. One UI brings you exclusive features.
Do more during video calls
You can share another app’s screen during a video call in Google Duo. Watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more.
Join video calls in presentation mode
During a video call on your phone, you can join the same call on your tablet in presentation mode. Your tablet’s screen will be shared with other participants while audio and video continue on your phone.
Get deeper insights into your health and enhanced exercise tracking in the latest version of Samsung Health.
Get insights about your body composition
Set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass. You’ll get tips for reaching your goals.
Build better sleep habits
Track your sleep and get coaching based on your sleep patterns.
Enhanced exercise tracking
On your Galaxy Watch4, you can set interval training targets before you start running or cycling. You’ll get a report on your phone when you’re finished. Your watch can also give information about sweat loss when you run and heart rate recovery for aerobic workouts.
Transfer contacts, photos, messages, and settings from an old phone or tablet to your new Galaxy. One UI 4.1 lets you transfer more than ever.
More transfer options
You’ll get 3 options when transferring content to your new Galaxy. You can choose to transfer everything, transfer just your accounts, contacts, calls, and messages, or go Custom to choose exactly what you want to transfer.
Find your phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more with SmartThings Find.
Get notified when you leave something behind
Make lost belongings a thing of the past. You can choose to get alerts whenever your Galaxy SmartTag is too far away to connect to your phone.
Find a lost device together
You can share the location of your devices with others. If a device gets lost, you can get help from another person to scan for it nearby.
One UI 4.1 gives you even more ways to share with others.
Share your Wi-Fi network
Use Quick Share to share your current Wi-Fi network with someone else. The person you share with will be able to connect automatically without entering the password.
Include editing history when you share pictures and videos
When you share pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can include the complete editing history so the receiver can see what’s changed or revert back to the original.
Share tips with others
Find something useful in the Tips app? Tap the Share icon to send it to a friend.
More features and improvements
Customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your custom color palette now appears in more apps, including apps provided by Google.
Your Galaxy just got a lot smarter. When you start adding an event to your calendar, your device will suggest a title and time based on text messages and other activity on your phone. You’ll get similar suggestions in Calendar, Reminder, Keyboard, Messages, and other apps.
Clean up shadows and reflections in Photo Editor
Shadows and reflections will be removed automatically whenever you use the Object eraser.
Add emojis to your calendar
In addition to stickers, you can now add emojis to a date on your calendar to express your feelings.
Take quick notes while you browse
Keep track of your sources with new clipping options for Samsung Notes. You can include content from Samsung Internet or Gallery when you create a note using the quick panel or the Tasks edge panel.
Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard
Choose which apps you want to get automatic text corrections in. Turn it on for writing apps to keep your spelling and grammar in check, and turn it off for texting apps where you want to be less formal.
More widely available keyboard options
Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
Customize your sound balance
In Accessibility settings, you can adjust the left/right sound balance for connected devices, such as speakers or headphones, separately from the sound balance for your phone speakers. This allows you to get the perfect balance out of your headphones without affecting how your ringtone and speakers sound.
New actions for Bixby Routines
You can now create routines that change your watch face or turn on advanced settings like Protect battery.
Game optimizing service
CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided. 3rd party apps to bypass the Game Optimizing Service will be allowed.
Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 4.1 update.
Noble ROM 2.1 based on One UI 4.1 (Android 12) Features in a video:
However, do note that there are some issues with the ROM. For one, as this is a custom ROM, you will need a rooted Note 9 device with custom TWRP recovery installed. This may trip Knox counter and some security features may not work.
The ROM currently works with Exynos variants of Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F/FD), Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F/FD/N, and Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F/FD/N. Check the downloads and source for more details.
Download One UI 4.1 for Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, and Note 9 via NOBLE ROM 2.1
The Noble 2.1 ROM zip is an all-in-one package featuring AROMA installer. Once you install the ZIP via TWRP recovery, it should launch an AROMA installer and get you a customization panel to choose what to install and features and options to skip.
Latest Noble ROM 2.1+
- Download NOBLE ROM 2.1 OneUI 3.1 FULL PORT for | AFH
- NOBLE ROM 2.1 FOR G960N, G965N, N960N | AFH
- Type C – Type C Charging Fix | Telegram link
- Latest Updates on Noble Telegram channel
- Join AndroidSage Telegram Channel
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S9 (Exynos) (starlte)
- TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Exynos) (star2lte)
- TWRP for Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos) (crownlte).
Support the developer by joining their support group:
How to Install Custom ROM (NOBLE 2.1) on Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9?
- Download and install official TWRP recovery. Recommended TWRP version 3.6.1_9-0
- Enable OEM Unlocking and set it to ON in developer settings
- Ensure that your Galaxy S9 or Note 9 device is fully charged
- Download the One UI 4.1 based Noble ROM from above
- Transfer the file to your phone’s storage or SD card
- Reboot your into TWRP recovery mode
- To do so, power off completely and press volume up + Bixby + power buttons
- In TWRP press BACKUP and select System Image, Vendor Image, Boot Image, Data, Baseband and EFS and save your backup in your Internal Storage.
- Take a complete Nandroid backup from TWRP
- The dev recommends NOT to do any advanced wipe, just go in TWRP and directly flash the ROM. if you have some issues with the installer just flash the ROM again.
- From TWRP, tap on Install and Flash the ROM
- It will launch the Aroma Installer
- Follow AROMA instructions (FOR STARTERS: select the NO DEBLOAT and CLEAN INSTALL options)
- Select your device and the options you want.
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Reboot to the system (first boot can take up to 15-20 min)
- You can uncheck diagnostic data in the setting wizard.
If you are using an older TWRP build like 5.5.x.x then you may see a NO OS installed error after the ROM is installed. In order to fix this, flash the ROM again.
- If you try to reboot you will see ‘NO OS INSTALLED’ warning
- 8. Go back WITHOUT REBOOTING and FLASH THE ROM AGAIN
- 9. Then REBOOT and enjoy NOBLE ROM!