Samsung just recently launched the Galaxy S22 series alongside the Galaxy Tab S8 series. All of these devices feature Samsung’s latest One UI 4.1 firmware update. While One UI 4.1 is still based on Android 12, it comes with some exclusive features on top of the OneUI 4 update. In a recent blogpost, Samsung also announced the update for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S20, Note 20, and the Fold series. Here, download and install One UI 4.1 firmware update for Galaxy S20 and Note 20 series here.
The latest software update for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra comes with firmware build G98xNKSU1GVC3. As for the Galaxy Note 20 and the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, the firmware version is N98xNKSU1FVC5. The Galaxy Z Fold 2 is also receiving One UI 4.1 update with firmware F916NKSU1FVC5.
As for the features, the One UI 4.1 update features improved Color Palette (similar to Material You visuals), Google Duo Live Sharing, Smart Switch with advanced configurations, Smart Widgets, feature to share Wi-Fi credentials with Quick Share, and Smart Suggestions across the system.
Some of the best features of the update are the Shadow Eraser as well as Reflection Eraser baked into the Gallery app. This is similar to the Magic Eraser feature from the Google Photos app. The stock camera app also gets updated with enhanced night portraits to take stunning portraits in low light. The Samsung camera app also got a tweaked user interface and added the full director’s view mode!
Grammarly recommendations have now been integrated into Samsung’s stock keyboard app. The option to alter the sound balance, change the watch faces on the Galaxy Watch 4 automatically using Bixby Routines, and personalize Virtual RAM has been added.
The notorious GOS (Game Optimization Service) can now be turned off, according to Samsung. If you don’t already know, the GOS was throttling performance for thousands of apps and games. It wont throttle performance anymore.
The OTA is currently live in Europe, Asia, and North America for select network carriers like T-Mobile and AT&T.
Here, download and install the latest stable One UI 4.1 firmware update directly from Samsung servers.
One UI 4.1 Update Features and Changelog
Samsung, in a press release, also unveiled what’s new with OneUI 4.1 for the Galaxy S21 series; basically acknowledging the rollout. Here is the complete changelog:
OneUI 4.1 update brings the following features.
- It’s easier than ever to capture great photos and videos.
- Enhanced night portraits
- Take stunning portraits, even in low light. Night shots are now supported in Portrait mode.
- Get the full director’s view
- You can save your director’s view videos with separate front and rear videos so you can edit them later, even after you’re done recording. When you play them back in the Video player, you can switch between different views such as split-screen or picture-in-picture.
- Do more with your memories. Gallery brings enhanced features for remastering and organizing your pictures and videos, and sharing is now easier than ever.
- Powerful remastering
- Make your photos look better than ever. Sharpen blurry faces, fix distortion on TVs or computer screens, and increase brightness and resolution.
- More suggestions
- Get help creating artistic portraits and exciting highlight reels. Gallery will suggest the best effects for your pictures.
- Add portrait effects
- You can now add background blur to any picture with a person in view.
- Portrait relighting
- Adjust the lighting for portraits, even after you’ve taken them, to make sure you always get the perfect shot.
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images
- Save storage space by converting motion photos to still images. Gallery will suggest pictures where motion isn’t necessary, such as documents.
- Share albums as links
- No need to invite people to shared albums individually anymore. Just create a link that can be shared with anyone, even if they don’t have a Samsung account or Galaxy device.
- All your invitations together
- Easily accept invitations to shared albums, even if you miss the notifications. Invitations that you haven’t responded to yet will appear at the top of your shared album list.
- Create time lapse videos
- Turn a picture into a vivid 24-hour time-lapse video. A button will appear for pictures of scenery including the sky, bodies of water, mountains, or cities. Your video will appear as if an entire day has passed.
- Express yourself like never before in augmented reality. Create your own emojis, stickers, doodles, and more.
- More decorations for your emoji stickers
- Show your own unique style by adding GIFs from Tenor as decorations for your custom AR emoji stickers.
- Background colors in mask mode
- Keep the focus on your AR emoji while wearing it as a mask. Choose from a variety of colors to use as your background.
- Stay in touch with high-quality video calls. One UI brings you exclusive features.
- Do more during video calls
- You can share another app’s screen during a video call in Google Duo. Watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more.
- Join video calls in presentation mode
- During a video call on your phone, you can join the same call on your tablet in presentation mode. Your tablet’s screen will be shared with other participants while audio and video continue on your phone.
- Get deeper insights into your health and enhanced exercise tracking in the latest version of Samsung Health.
- Get insights about your body composition
- Set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass. You’ll get tips for reaching your goals.
- Build better sleep habits
- Track your sleep and get coaching based on your sleep patterns.
- Enhanced exercise tracking
- On your Galaxy Watch4, you can set interval training targets before you start running or cycling. You’ll get a report on your phone when you’re finished. Your watch can also give information about sweat loss when you run and heart rate recovery for aerobic workouts.
- Transfer contacts, photos, messages, and settings from an old phone or tablet to your new Galaxy. One UI 4.1 lets you transfer more than ever.
- More transfer options
- You’ll get 3 options when transferring content to your new Galaxy. You can choose to transfer everything, transfer just your accounts, contacts, calls, and messages, or go Custom to choose exactly what you want to transfer.
- SmartThings Find
- Find your phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more with SmartThings Find.
- Get notified when you leave something behind
- Make lost belongings a thing of the past. You can choose to get alerts whenever your Galaxy SmartTag is too far away to connect to your phone.
- Find a lost device together
- You can share the location of your devices with others. If a device gets lost, you can get help from another person to scan for it nearby.
- One UI 4.1 gives you even more ways to share with others.
- Share your Wi-Fi network
- Use Quick Share to share your current Wi-Fi network with someone else. The person you share with will be able to connect automatically without entering the password.
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos
- When you share pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can include the complete editing history so the receiver can see what’s changed or revert back to the original.
- Share tips with others
- Find something useful in the Tips app? Tap the Share icon to send it to a friend.
More features and improvements
- Customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your custom color palette now appears in more apps, including apps provided by Google.
- Your Galaxy just got a lot smarter. When you start adding an event to your calendar, your device will suggest a title and time based on text messages and other activity on your phone. You’ll get similar suggestions in Calendar, Reminder, Keyboard, Messages, and other apps.
Clean up shadows and reflections in Photo Editor
- Shadows and reflections will be removed automatically whenever you use the Object eraser.
Add emojis to your calendar
- In addition to stickers, you can now add emojis to a date on your calendar to express your feelings.
Take quick notes while you browse
- Keep track of your sources with new clipping options for Samsung Notes. You can include content from Samsung Internet or Gallery when you create a note using the quick panel or the Tasks edge panel.
Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard
- Choose which apps you want to get automatic text corrections in. Turn it on for writing apps to keep your spelling and grammar in check, and turn it off for texting apps where you want to be less formal.
More widely available keyboard options
- Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
Customize your sound balance
- In Accessibility settings, you can adjust the left/right sound balance for connected devices, such as speakers or headphones, separately from the sound balance for your phone speakers. This allows you to get the perfect balance out of your headphones without affecting how your ringtone and speakers sound.
New actions for Bixby Routines
- You can now create routines that change your watch face or turn on advanced settings like Protect battery.
Customize your virtual memory
- Choose the size of your phone’s virtual memory with RAM Plus in Device care. Go with more to boost performance or less to save storage space.
Game optimizing service
- CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided. 3rd party apps to bypass the Game Optimizing Service will be allowed.
Download One UI 4.1 full stock firmware directly from Samsung Servers
OneUI 4.1 comes with firmware build number G98xNKSU1GVC3 for the glob or Exynos Galaxy S20 series. As for the Galaxy Note 20 and the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, the firmware version is N98xNKSU1FVC5.
The easiest way to download One UI 4.1 for Galaxy S20, S20 Ultra, S20+, Note 20, and Note 20 Plus is by visiting settings > system update > download updates manually. You can also download the full stock One UI 3.0 firmware updates using SamFirm tool or the Firja Tool and install via Odin Flashtool.
You can use the SamFirm (Samsung Firmware Downloader) tool and the newly added Frija (also a Samsung Software Downloader) in order to download the full stock firmware directly from Samsung Severs.
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader.
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your S20 device and note down the model number like (SM-G985F) for Galaxy S20+. Refer the table below.
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy S20 and Note 20 phone from here. Also known as a region or product code. In this case, we are using BTU for Germany and Android 12.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check decrypt automatically box.
- Hit check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.
Here is a list of Galaxy S20 and Note 20 series model numbers:
Galaxy S20 (SM-G980F)
Galaxy S20 (SM-G9810)
Galaxy S20 (SM-G981B)
Galaxy S20 (SM-G981N)
Galaxy S20+ (SM-G985F)
Galaxy S20+ (SM-G9860)
Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986B)
Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986N)
Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986U)
Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986U1)
Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986W)
Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G9880)
Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988B)
Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988N)
Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988U)
Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988U1)
Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780F)
Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780G)
Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G7810)
Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781B)
Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781U)
Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781W)
Galaxy Note 20 (SM-N980F)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N9810)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981B)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981BR)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981F)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981N)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981U)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981U1)
Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981W)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (SM-N985F)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N9860)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986B)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986BR)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986C)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986D)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986J)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986N)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986U)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986U1)