Table of Contents Hide
Last month, the OnePlus 6 series received its first stable Android 11 firmware update, following a two-month-long Open Beta program. Today, OnePlus released a new incremental OTA update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphones with software version – Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 – featuring the latest Android security patches.
OnePlus 6 and 6T finally received stable Oxygen OS 11 update last month. It is quite stable for a first major software upgrade in a long time. It is now time to move on to monthly security updates and bug fixing.
The latest OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 OTA update for OnePlus 6 series features September 2021 security patch level. Most importantly, it reduced the heating problem on the OnePlus 6 and 6T devices by optimizing the system power consumption. It also improved the gyro sensor sensitivity.
For those facing network problems, rest assured, OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 also brought optimizations to the stability of network connection.
Android 11 is the last major update OnePlus 6 and 6T devices will receive. It features Oxygen OS 11 skin with revamped user interface, updated OnePlus apps; especially the updated OnePlus camera app with new UX.
Some of the new features include Game Space – now replacing the Fnatic mode. Updated camera app with a new convenient UI. Enhanced Dark Mode and new OnePlus Shelf.
Ambient Display also makes its way to the OnePlus 6 and 6T. You can access it from Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display.
Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 complete changelog
- Optimized the system power consumption to reduce heating
- Improved the gyro sensor sensitivity
- Upgrade Android Security Patch to 2021.09
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Optimized network connection stability
Download Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 for OnePlus 6/6T
Download the stable Android 11 OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 full stock firmware update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T.
- OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 for OnePlus 6 (Full OTA) (AFH link) (Thanks XDA)
- OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 for OnePlus 6T (Full OTA) (direct link)
First, install the previous Oxygen OS 11 using Local Upgrade method listed below:
- OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6 (Full OTA) (direct link)
- OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6T (Full OTA) (direct link)
- Settings -> System Updates -> Check for OTA updates manually.