After a month-long Open Beta program, OnePlus finally released the stable Android 11 firmware update today for the OnePlus 6 and 6T devices. The latest Open Beta 3 featured a small incremental update with minor bug fixes and system improvements. The wait is finally over as the stable OxygenOS 11 firmware update just rolled out for OnePlus 6 series globally based on Android 11. Download the full stock firmware below.
The latest OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T features all the Android 11 goodies and OxygenOS 11 features. You get Oxygen OS 11 skin with revamped user interface, updated OnePlus apps; especially the updated OnePlus camera app with new UX.
Some of the new features included in the stable Android 11 OTA include Game Space – now replacing the Fnatic mode. Updated camera app with a new convenient UI. Enhanced Dark Mode and new OnePlus Shelf.
For the first time, Ambient Display makes its way to the OnePlus 6 and 6T. You can access it from Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display. Checkout the complete changelog from below.
Features and Changelog of OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6/6T (Android 11)
• Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
• Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
• Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
• Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
• Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
• Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
• Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
• Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
• Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
• Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
• Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
• Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
• Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Download Stable OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6/6T Android 11
Download the stable Android 11 OxygenOS 11 full stock firmware update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Install it using Local Upgrade method.
- OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6 (Full OTA) (direct link)
- OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6T (Full OTA) (direct link)
How to Install OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6/6T?
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.