Xiaomi’s popular Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro are now receiving the most anticipated Android 11 firmware update based on MIUI 12.5! IN some regional, the Xiaomi Note 8 Pro is already running Android 11 global stable ROM via MIUI 22.214.171.124 build. As for the regular Redmi Note 8, an Android 11 based Mi Pilot program just kickstarted with MIUI V126.96.36.199. Download the full OTA below.
MIUI 12.5 is now rolling out for several Xiaomi Redmi, Mi, and Poco Android devices. The Note 8 Pro is one of the lucky few devices featuring MIUI 12.5 this early. The latest update features all the MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 goodies. It also features the newer June 2021 security patch level.
However, as for the regular Redmi Note 8, it may not receive MIUI 12.5. The device is still stuck on build MIUI 188.8.131.52. But it’s Android 11 nonetheless.
Furthermore, Android 11 for Note 8 is available via the Mi Pilot program. This is a beta testing program from Xiaomi. So you may need to wait for the global stable rollout. Maybe next month.
Check out the changelog from the images below and also download the full ROM!
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 for Redmi Note 8 based on Android 11
Download latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 global stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 based on Android 11. The Note 8 Pro received MIUI 12 as well as Android 11. However, this is via Mi Pilot program. Your device needs to be accepted in the beta program in order to install it.
- Android 11 for Redmi Note 8 Stable MIUI 18.104.22.168 | Recovery ROM (Mi Pilot Version)
Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 for Redmi Note 8 Pro based on Android 11
Download latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 global stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro based on Android 11. The Note 8 Pro received MIUI 12.5 as well as Android 11. The OTA update comes in a large package of 2 GB in size. You can either download OTA update by visiting Settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for OTA update manually > download OTA.
Alternatively, if you don’t see the update, then download the zip file from below and do a local upgrade.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 11 Stable MIUI V188.8.131.52 | Full Recovery ROM (direct link)
Update Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro to Android 11 based on MIUI 12.5 firmware
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Redmi Note 8 (Pro) device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Redmi device.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.