Earlier this month, OnePlus released the first Android 11 based Open Beta program for the popular OnePlus 6 and 6T devices via OxygenOS 11. However, that was soon put on hold due to several bugs after user feedback. The OEM also removed the firmware download links from the OnePlus Forums. For those who have already upgraded their OnePlus devices to OxygenOS 11 based Open Beta 1, are now receiving another Android 11 HotFix OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T.
The new Open Beta 1 HotFix update for OnePlus 6 and 6T comes in a small package of 157 MB. This is if you have already upgraded to the first beta. The features and changelog are all the same. It means, you get all the goodies from Android 11 and OxygenOS 11.
Additionally, you get Oxygen OS 11 skin and the latest OnePlus apps; especially the updated OnePlus camera app with new user interface. Some of the new features that come with Android 11 include the most anticipated Game Space, now replacing the Fnatic mode. Updated camera app with a new convenient UI.
Ambient Display also makes its way to the OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphones. You can access Ambient Display from Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display. Enhanced Dark Mode and revamped OnePlus Shelf are also included.
What’s new with OnePlus 6’s new Android 11 HotFix Update?
The changelog is the same as the original Android 11 firmware update based on OxygenOS Open Beta 1.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Download OnePlus 6 and 6T Android 11 Open Beta 1 HotFix OTA
Following, we have listed the first Android 11 Open Beta 1 HotFix update full ROM zips for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Install it using Local Upgrade method.
If you have already upgraded to Open Beta 1, then go to Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA update in order to get the HotFix.
Download Android 10 Rollback package from the links below:
Stay tuned and join our Telegram Channel.