After the last stable Magisk v22.1 update, the SafetyNet failed for many users. The reason being developer’s SafetyNet API eas blocked due to some reason. JohnWu, the developer of Magisk, soon released a HotFix for the SafetyNet fail with a beta build; also called Magisk Canary. Here is the latest Magisk 23 ZIP and APK download under stable channel with fix for SafetyNet API errors and pass SafetyNet test.
Magisk 23.0 APK or Magisk 23.0 ZIP also brings several bug fixes. This includes a HotFix for the stub app that causes APK installation to fail. Stub is an extension to hide Magisk app with advanced technique. It supports Android 5.0 and above. Most importantly, Magisk 23 removes support for pre Android 5.0 versions. You can checkout the complete changelog from below.
The previous Magisk version 22 brought a major change by eliminating the need for two separate Magisk Manager app and Magisk ZIP. The developer replaced them with a single Magisk APK. You can also use it as a ZIP by just renaming the .APK file to magisk.zip. According to the developer, the two separate entities often confused people; and also, the Magisk zip and Manager APK versions were co-dependent.
Moreover, there is no need to flash the Magisk zip via TWRP anymore separately; unless you absolutely must. All you need to do is install the main Magisk 23 APK onto your phone and setup everything from within the app.
Magisk 23 Changelog
- [App] Update snet extension. This fixes SafetyNet API errors.
- [App] Fix a bug in the stub app that causes APK installation to fail
- [App] Hide annoying errors in logs when hidden as stub
- [App] Fix issues when patching ODIN tar files when the app is hidden
- [General] Remove all pre Android 5.0 support
- [General] Update BusyBox to use proper libc
- [General] Fix C++ undefined behaviors
- [General] Several
- [MagiskPolicy] Remove unnecessary sepolicy rules
- [MagiskHide] Update package and process name validation logic
- [MagiskHide] Some changes that prevents zygote deadlock
Download Magisk 23
Here we have listed the latest Magisk APK. Simply rename it Magisk.zip to get the zip file. Following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
- Magisk-v23.apk (normal APK install or flash via TWRP with ZIP extension) (6.56 MB)
- stub-release.apk (28 kb)
Full downloads repository:
Use the Magisk v23+ APK and install it as normal app onto Android 12, 11, 10, 9.0 Pie, 8.0/8.1 Oreo, 7.0/7.1 Nougat, Marshmallow, Android 5 Lollipop.
However, if you must, you can simply rename the magisk.apk to .zip and you get a TWRP flashable Magisk zip. It also added a new app for hiding the Magisk app with advanced technique using as stub APK in support of Android 5.0+.
How to install Magisk? Check out the updated installation guide for more info.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.