The last Magisk v22 version brought a major change by eliminating Magisk Manager app and a separate Magisk zip and merging them into a standalone APK. According to the developer, the two separate entities often caused confusion as the Magisk zip and Manager APK versions were co-dependent. Now you only need Magisk 22.1 APK installed in order to root your Android device.
Magisk 22.1 APK or Magisk 22.1 ZIP is here for download with several bug fixes. It features all the changes from Magisk 22 and improves on it. For one, it prevents multiple installation sessions running in parallel from within the app. the update also prevent OutOfMemory crashes and several under the hood changes for stability and compatibility with many Android devices or the latest TWRP recovery.
Magisk Manager and Magisk zip are merging into one standalone APK. The developer, John Wu, recently tweeted that Magisk zip and manager app will be bundled into a standalone APK stating v22.
Moreover, there is no need to flash the Magisk zip via TWRP anymore separately. All you need to do is install the main Magisk 22.1 APK onto your phone and setup everything from within the app.
Magisk v22.1 Changelog
- [App] Prevent multiple installation sessions running in parallel
- [App] Prevent OutOfMemory crashes when checking boot signature on PXA boot images
- [General] Proper cgroup migration implementation
- [General] Rewrite log writer from scratch, should resolve any crashes and deadlocks
- [General] Many scripts updates fixing regressions
- [MagiskHide] Prevent possible deadlock when signal arrives
- [MagiskHide] Partial match process names if necessary
- [MagiskBoot] Preserve and patch AVB 2.0 structures/headers in boot images
- [MagiskBoot] Properly strip out data encryption flags
- [MagiskBoot] Prevent possible integer overflow
- [MagiskInit] Fix
- [resetprop] Always delete existing
ro.props before updating. This will fix bootloops that could be caused by modifying device fingerprint properties.
Magisk 22.1 APK Download
Following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
- Magisk-v22.1.apk (normal APK install or flash via TWRP) (6.41 MB)
- stub-release.apk (28 kb)
Full downloads repository:
Use the Magisk v22.1+ APK and install it as normal app onto Android 12, 11, 10, 9.0 Pie, 8.0/8.1 Oreo, 7.0/7.1 Nougat, Marshmallow, Android 5 Lollipop.
However, if you must, you can simply rename the
.zip and you get a TWRP flashable Magisk zip. It also added a new app for hiding the Magisk app with advanced technique using as stub APK in support of Android 5.0+.
How to install Magisk? Check out the updated installation guide for more info.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.