Samsung’s latest flagship Note series smartphone called the Galaxy Note 20 (Ultra) features latest One UI 2.5 firmware update. The Note series is always one up over the Galaxy S-series at launch when it comes to the software build version; along with the features. Samsung recently committed to 3 years of Android OS upgrade starting the Galaxy S10 series. So it’s certain that the Galaxy S10 series will receive Android 11 based on One UI 3.0. However, it’s a long way to go. Meanwhile, the the manufacturer just rolled out One UI 2.5 firmware update for the Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+ with latest September 2020 security patch level.
The new One UI 2.5 firmware update comes with September 2020 security patch level still based on Android 10. It also brings all the Note 20 series features to the Galaxy S10 series including Wireless DeX, enhanced Pro video mode, ability to change Single Take duration and more. The complete changelog is listed below.
One UI 2.5 for the Galaxy S10 series is based on Android 10 that comes with new firmware build number DTH7. The new software update is currently rolling out in Germany for the Exynos Galaxy S10 series. It will soon comes to the Snapdragon variants in the United States and the Exynos or global variants in Europe and Asia.
Features of One UI 2.5 update
- Wireless DeX connection support.
- Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
- Quick panel – DeX . Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
- Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
- If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
- This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
- When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
- The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
- The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
- The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
Here are the One UI 2.5 features that come to the Galaxy S20 series:
Download One UI 2.5
One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy S10 series just started rolling out. In order to download it over-the-air, go to settings > system update > download OTA update manually. You should see a new firmware update popup with the following versions.
Software update information
- Galaxy S10: G973FXXU8DTH7 / G973FOXM8DTH7 / G973FXXU8DTH7 • Size: 963.49 MB • Security patch level: September 1, 2020
- Galaxy S10e: G970FXXU8DTH7
- Galaxy S10+: G975FXXU8DTH7
Moreover, the beta program of Samsung’s upcoming One UI 3.0 firmware based on Android 11 will soon start for the S10 series. So stay tuned for the downloads! You can download the full stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e from our tutorial here.