Google and OnePlus, both seem to be working on their own instance of Android 11, taking it closer to the stable public version. While Google’s user interface is clean and close to AOSP for the Pixel series, OnePlus’ OxygenOS 11 features some fancy animations, revamped UX, advanced dark mode, first implementation of Always-On-Display, and much more. The final Android 11 beta 3 just recently rolled out for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro with an OxygenOS 11 skin with an anticipated official stable release in a couple of months. Earlier we showcased Hydrogen OS 11. Here is the first ever OxygenOS 11 firmware build based on Android 11 available for download.
Oxygen OS is the global firmware for OnePlus that just updated to Android 11. The latest OOS version 11 comes with some stunning features like new user interface, icons, animations, an improved dark mode, revamped gesture navigation, updated OnePlus stock apps including the Weather app, Always-On Display, smart gallery, voice notes, multi-user Zen mode, and more. The complete changelog is listed below.
Here is a first look of Oxygen OS 11 for OnePlus 8 series:
As we correctly anticipated, the official build of Oxygen OS 11 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is here doe download. It also includes Google Play Services so you can use all the Google apps and services as well.
Oxygen OS 11 firmware also includes Android 11 features like better user privacy protections, advanced app permissions, speech balloon Bubbles, Bubbles API, new Pixel Launcher, Pinhole, waterfall screens support, camera native image decoder and new camera features, up pointing backhand index Biometrics, support for 5G and Foldable phones. Of course, it also consists of all the features from Android 10 and previous OS versions.
Oxygen OS 11 Features
Here is the feature list of the Hydrogen OS 11, which is the Chinese firmware for the global Oxygen OS 11. While the manufacturer did not list any changelog in the OnePlus forum listing of OOS 11, you can expect the same as that of H2OS. Here is the full feature list directly translated from Chinese language.
Update log for Oxygen OS 11 Beta 4 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Optimized display effects with some UI
- Optimized the lagging issue under some settings
- Optimized the stability with the upload of log in Community
- Optimized delayed response issue with pull-down of the status bar
- Fixed the crash/reboot issue under some settings
- Fixed the all black issue with status bar in dark mode
- Fixed the bug that system cannot be re-started after OTA upgrade
- Fixed the disabled “save” feature of screenshot
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WeChat, QQ and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Fixed the abnormal increase of brightness when entering the Gallery
- Fixed the incomplete screenshot issue in some cases
- Fixed the issue that background of weather did not display
- Improved the performance and stability of network transfers
Previous changelog and features:
- Overall visual refresh (including more immersive weather, more comfortable browsing of photo albums and notes, etc.)
- Fully optimize the large-screen operating experience, comfortable and convenient with one hand
- Built-in two brand-new fonts (Cang Er Jin Kai, Huakang Round Type), OnePlus Ying Hei font is upgraded to OnePlus Sans
- Added a new live wallpaper, combined with the time point of sunrise to sunset, the color of the wallpaper changes accordingly, echoing the changes in the sky
- Information screen display
- Added the function of constant light display on the information screen, which can be selected as scheduled/all day. The setting method is: setting-display-the screen display is always on
- Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display. 10 clocks are available for the regular style. The setting method is: Settings-Personalization-Clock Style
- Dark mode
- Added a shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut settings to open
- The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period. The setting method is: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise / custom time opening
- Zen mode
- Added three new themes (ocean, space, grassland) and provide more duration options
- Added support for multi-person meditation mode, you can invite friends to meditation together
- Photo album
- The smart album newly supports a week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to retain memories.
- Add OnePlus mutual transfer, quickly share files to surrounding devices, support OPPO, vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, Meizu and other brands
Updated: Oxygen OS 11 Beta 4 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
Here are the latest Oxygen OS 11 Developer Preview 4 build based on Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. OnePlus users managed to capture the OTA download links directly from manufacturer’s servers! The full OTA weighs 3.69 GB in size.
Download the RollBack package from below links:
Download OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
Here are the first Oxygen OS 11 builds based on Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. OnePlus users managed to capture the OTA download links directly from manufacturer’s servers! The full OTA weighs 3.69 GB in size.
Download the RollBack package from below links:
- Download links for OnePlus 8:
- Download links for OnePlus 8 Pro:
Notes and installation: The installation should be same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. This tutorial should help and also know various OnePlus 8 series variants!
- Download Android 11 ROM package zip
- Transfer the ROM to the phone storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart
In order to Rollback to stable Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10, checkout this tutorial on OnePlus forums.