Updated: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus also gets One UI 2.1 firmware update with build number N970FXXU3CTC9 and N975FXXU3CTC9. Download here! After a number of beta firmware updates, Samsung finally released stable version of the One UI 2.0 firmware for the 10 generation flagships. The Galaxy S10e, S10, and the S10 Plus finally received their first stable Android 10 update at the end of last year 2019 with build number BSKO. Same goes for the Snapdragon S10 series in the USA; except it received the update in January 2020. Soon after the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra, the manufacturer promised all its new features will come to the S10 series phones as well. The day has finally arrived with Samsung Galaxy S10 receiving One UI 2.1 firmware update with all the latest Galaxy S20 features.
The new One UI 2.1 update for the S10 series features new firmware build numbers G975FXXU4CTC9 for the Galaxy S10+, G973FXXU4CTC9 for the Galaxy S10, and finally G970FXXU4CTC9 for the Galaxy S10e. The update is currently live in Germany, Europe. So you can say the update process has begun and soon it will come to other parts of Europe and Asia; then eventually to the Snapdragon S10 variants in USA. You can wait for the update to arrive for your Exynos S10 device or simply download the full stock One UI 2.1 firmware update from below and update manually via Odin Flash Tool.
Some of the features of One UI 2.1 include the popular Single Take camera feature from the Galaxy S20 series. This feature automatically shoots photos and videos with all of the cameras and functions, then pulls out the best shots and moments in one album. However, this feature may take a whole lot of space on your phone. Quick share is another cool feature. It is like the Aridrop (from Apple iPhones) for the Samsung devices.
Another great camera feature is the Pro mode for videos! This allows you to set ISO, exposure, etc. while video recording as well. Other camera updates induce AR zone, single take, professional video, own filters, selfie sound, time lapse for the night and a mode for recording videos with the front camera in FHD / UHD at 60 fps. Rest are updated Gallery apps with new functions, updated Samsung keyboard, Music Share, and AR Emoji. The complete changelog is listed below.
Here in this tutorial we will show you how to update all of your Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+ variants to the latest One UI 2.1 firmware update still based on Android 10 build CTC9. This can be done for both – previous One UI 2.0 firmware or even the Android 9.0 Pie OS update.
- The recommended method is flashing the full stock firmware using Odin FlashTool. However, this will also factory reset your device and you will lose all data. So it is recommended that you backup your phone completely!
- The second option is to wait for the OTA update to become live in your location, then go to Settings > System Updates > Download OTA updates manually.
Whats new with Samsung Galaxy S10’s and Note 10’s One UI 2.1 firmware update?
Following are the new features rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, S10 Plus, Note 10 and Note 10+ for the Exynos variants for now. Same will come to the Snapdragon S10 series in the United States. All of these features come from the latest Samsung Galaxy S20’s One UI 2.5 firmware update. See what’s new!
Note that the following update log has been translated directly from the German language into English.
- AR Emoji has been updated with improvements such as a manual editing function and advanced facial expression recognition.
- Since AR-Emoji has been updated to a new version, all previously saved AR-emojis will be deleted the next time you open the AR-Emoji app.
New camera functions
- Various menus, modes and filters have been added, such as: B. AR zone, single take, professional video, own filters, selfie sound, time lapse for the night and a mode for recording videos with the front camera in FHD / UHD at 60 fps.
- Similar images are now grouped together to ensure a more organized viewing experience.
- A function has been added that allows you to combine several different groups of albums in one group, or to combine different groups and albums in one group.
- An improved search function has been added to search images based on information such as the time or location of the image.
- The “Quick crop” function has been added to enlarge or crop parts of images with high resolution.
- A function for multilingual translation has been added.
- A function has been added to search for different elements like emojis and stickers at the same time.
- An “Undo / Redo” function for text has been added. (Swipe left or right on the keyboard with two fingers.)
- An icon to open Samsung Pass has been added.
- With Quick Share, files can now be shared quickly and easily with nearby Samsung devices.
- With Music Share you can share music with your friends via a Bluetooth audio device.
A software update contains, for example, the following components:
- Stability improvements and bug fixes for the device.
- New and / or expanded functions.
- Further improvements for optimal performance.
Download One UI 2.1 firmware update for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+ and Note 10/10+
The full stock firmware can be downloaded directly from Samsung Severs using two amazing tools. The SamFirm (Samsung Firmware Downloader) tool and the newly added Frija (also a Samsung Software Downloader) will let you download the latest stock firmware (that comes in a
.TAR file extension) for any of your Samsung Galaxy devices. So you can basically download the full firmware update (One UI 2.1 based on Android 10) for your Exynos S10e, S10, and S10+. Once you have the full stock firmware, you can easily flash it using the Odin FashTools.
Note that One UI 2.1 is currently only available for the Exynos Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F), S10 (SM-G973F) and S10+ (SM-G975F), and Note 10 (SM-N970F) and Note 10+ (SM-N975F) variants. Wait for the Snapdragon variants. Also, the following firmware build is for the German region. However, you can install it on other Exynos variants as well. Eligible devices include! Devices with MULTI-CSC OXM! You can check this by dialing using your phone app at – *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the CSC-build.
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader.
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your S10+ and note down the model number like Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F), S10 (SM-G973F), and S10+ (SM-G975F).
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy S10 phones from here. Also known as region or product code. In this case use DBT for Android 10.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check decrypt automatically box.
- Hit check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 to stable One UI 2.1 firmware using Odin FlashTool?
In order to flash the latest firmware update onto your S10 phone, you must backup all the data, apps, photos, videos, media and all storage to PC. This is because the Odin FlashTool we are about to use here will factory reset your phone. Hence, backup. You can later restore the backup onto your new firmware as well.
The full stock firmware for Samsung comes in a
.TAR file extension weighing over 2 GB in size. Once you have downloaded it form above, extract the zip to get a TAR file. Then move ahead onto flashing this onto your phone using Odin FlashTool.
- Download BSKO stock firmware using SamFirm tool
- Download latest Odin 3.14.1
- Samsung Drivers: Samsung USB downloads | AFH mirror download
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging just in case (optional)
While the stable Android 10 firmware is only available in Germany right now, you can still flash it onto your device from another region; provided it has the same CSC as Germany’s.
NOTES for eligible devices! Go to phone app and dial *#1234#, and check if OXM is listed in the CSC-build. If yes, then you can flash the Odin. If now, then you should not proceed!
Eligible OXM multi CSC codes builds are ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single: ( BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA )
How to update Galaxy S10 or Note 10 series to One UI 2.1 full stock firmware?
- Power OFF your Galaxy S10 phone completely.
- Now reboot the phone into Download mode or Odin mode.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power Buttons at the same time. Once the Samsung logo appears, you will see a screen with a warning sign. Press the Volume Up button to proceed. You will be in the Download Mode.
- Download and extract latest Odin FlashTool from above. You can also use the modified Odin tool if that does not work.
- Run the
odin.exefile as administrator.
- Connect your Galaxy S10 to PC via USB cable. Odin should output a message called “Added!!”.
- Now download and extract the firmware zip file to get TAR image files. Add the firmware files to Odin. If there is only one file, then add it into the [AP] slot. Otherwise, add to the Odin sections appropriately. Like BL for BL, AP for AP, CP for CP, CSC for CSC (not HOME_CSC).
- Now under the options tab make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are selected.
- Check the log tab and click the Start button on the bottom right.
Output should be shown in the log. Once the flash is successful, log should say PASS.
Note: To get out of Download Mode, simply hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds (around 10 sec.) and your phone will reboot normally. Source