Table of Contents
OnePlus released some stunning T-series smartphones late last year called the OnePlus 7T and the 7T Pro. There are rumors of the upcoming OnePlus 8 series as well and may launch as soon as next month April 2020. The 7T series became very popular upon launch as it was a significant upgrade over the regular OnePlus 7. It comes with Android 10 out of the box based on Oxygen OS 10. But that’s the stable version. Here is the latest Open Beta firmware update for the OnePlus 7T and the 7T Pro with brand new features.
Today, the manufacturer finally released its first Open Beta update for the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro with some stunning new features. While the devices will receive Android 11 for sure, the beta 1 is still based on Android 10. That’s more reason to be the Open Beta because Android 11 for OnePlus 7 series; as soon as Google releases a stable version of Android 11 after the current Android R developer preview.
Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7T series is based on the latest February 2020 Android security patch level. It also features RAM management optimizations, enhanced single and double-tap performance of Ambient display and lock screen, and changes to the settings page and comes with new “improved content”. Plus, the Phone and Gallery apps have been updated. The phone app now has better contact details screen. While the Gallery app fixed for audio and video problems while preloading videos respectively.
The first Open Beta also brings Live Caption to OnePlus 7T series. Live Caption can automatically transcribes speech from any media into subtitles or words recognized on your device. You need to enable this feature from Settings -> System -> Accessibility -> Live Captions. So download and install the latest Open Beta for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.
Changelog for OnePlus 7T (Pro) Open Beta 1 Update
Here is the comeplete update log for the first Open Beta for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.
- Optimized RAM management
- Enhanced single and double-tap performance of Ambient display and lock screen
- Improved content now live on settings page
- Updated Android Security patch to 2020.02
- Live Caption
- Added live caption feature, this will detect speech in media and automatically generates captions (to enable: Settings-System-AccessibIlity-Live Caption)
- Enhanced the contact details screen
- Fixed the audio and video issues with preloading videos
Download first Open Beta update for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro
Here is the latest official Android 10 Open Beta 1 is based on Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro. As this is beta full stock firmware, you won’t receive an OTA update. You will need to manually install the beta 1 onto OnePlus 7T via local upgrade method. Each package is aroung 2.5 GB in size. The stable Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10) rollback package is also listed below.
Before you download, you must know the different OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro variants:
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter I in filename is for the variant: HD1901: India
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter O in filename is for the variant: HD1905: Global
- Packages with build tag HD65BA is for the variant: HD1903: EU
Download Open Beta 1
- OnePlus 7T (IN) – Open Beta 1
- OnePlus 7T (EU) – Open Beta 1
- OnePlus 7T (Apart from IN & EU) – Open Beta 1
RollBack Package to stable Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10
- OnePlus 7T Pro (IN) – Rollback
- OnePlus 7T Pro (EU) – Rollback
- OnePlus 7T Pro (Apart from IN & EU) – Rollback
How to update OnePlus 7T (Pro) to latest Oxygen OS Open Beta firmware?
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS.