As soon as Google released stable Android 10 for Pixel series, OnePlus stepped in and released the same for their latest flagship phones via Open Beta channel. The OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro later also received the stable Android 10 update via Oxygen OS 10 build globally. However, it did not include the USA carrier variants of the 7 Pro. If you don’t already know, the software from the manufacturer in the United States needs to be approved from the carrier as well. Apparently, T-Mobile today released their own custom software for the OnePlus 7 Pro based on Oxygen OS 10.0.1 featuring Android 10.
The new Oxygen OS 10 firmware for the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro features Android 10, a brand new user interface, latest security patch level, and updated apps. According to the update log listed below, T-Mobile’s OnePlus 7 Pro gets Android 10 and all of it’s goodies including live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more.
Plus, you also get Oxygen OS 10 features like the brand new UI from OnePlus, enhanced location permissions for privacy, new customization feature in settings enabling icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
Not to forget OnePlus’ popular full screen gestures. Some users report that the OnePlus gesture navigation is an improved version of Google’s implementation found in stock Android 10 on Pixel phones. Oxygen OS 10.0.1 gesture navigation now features an added inward swipe from the left or right edge of the screen to go back. You will also see an added bottom navigation bar to switch left or right for recent apps.
What’s new with Android 10 for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro based on Oxygen OS 10
While the update log on the T-Mobile variants is very short, we have also listed the full changelog from the first Oxygen OS 10 update for the global variants.
Update log for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro Oxygen OS 10.0.1
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Upgraded Android security patch to November 2019
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
Changelog from the OnePlus 7 Pro global variants
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
How to update T-Mobile OnePlus 7 (Pro) to Oxygen OS 10 firmware update?
The T-Mobile or carrier variants in USA do not come with the full stock firmware as the global variants. So you will get an OTA update.
- Go to Settings app
- System updates
- Download OTA updates
The device will automatically download and prompt to install the update.