Table of Contents Hide
Last month OnePlus released the official stable Android 10 OTA update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Oxygen OS 10. However, the update was immediately paused and released again with some bug fixes. The Oxygen OS 10 firmware still wasn’t stable and paused again. Today, a new critical HotFix update is rolling out for OnePlus 6 series with build Oxygen OS 10.0.1 featuring the latest Android 10. This is a small incremental update over the previous one. So download and install latest Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix for OnePlus 6 and 6T.
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 fixes all the bugs from OOS 10 and includes all the features plus more. The changelog is almost identical to the original Oxygen OS 10. Except, the HotFix includes – fingerprint identification issue, animation lag for fingerprint unlock, automatic reboot issue after upgrade, improved performance of camera app, and fixed 5ghz WiFi connection. You can also find this in the latest Android 10 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6 and 6T.
It comes in a very small package weighing just 50 MB in size. The OTA is currently rolling out for the global variants of OnePlus 6 series in a phased manner. However, we have the full stock firmware that you can use to manually upgrade to Oxygen Os 10.0.1 via local upgrade method (see installation instructions).Plus, if you are already running previous Oxygen OS 10, then get the incremental OTA update package to OOS 10.0.1 and manually sideload it using ADB method or stock recovery method.
According to the screenshot listed below, Oxygen OS 10.0.1 features Android 10 with a brand new user interface from OnePlus. It also includes all the Android 10 goodies such as enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more.
Moreover, you also get OnePlus’ latest Oxygen OS 10 features like full screen gestures, game space, smart display, built-in Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
Here is screenshot of the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 OTA update for OnePlus 6T:
What’s new with Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 6 and 6T?
Changelog for Oxygen OS 10.0.1 is same as the original Oxygen OS 10. Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix update features:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new Ul for Android Q
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Fixed the fingerprint identification issue
- Fixed the animation lag for fingerprint unlock
- Fixed the automatic reboot issue after upgrade
- Improved the performance and fixed known issues
- Fixed the 5Ghz VViFi connection
Original Oxygen OS 10.0 changelog for OnePlus 6:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Android 10
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 is a simple HotFix update for the original Oxygen OS 10 but quite important. So if your phone is running the previous Oxygen OS 10 then download the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix right now. It comes in a small package of 50MB in size over the previous one. So you can capture the OTA update by simply going to settings > about phone > system update > check for OTA updates.
Before you downloads, you must know the different OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro variants:
- GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
- GM21BA: GM1913: EU
- GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
- GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)
Downloads for OnePlus 6:
- Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Android 10 for OnePlus 6 | Full OTA download (direct link)
- Previous: Stable Android 10 Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6 [OTA downloads]
- OOS 10 to OOS 1.0.1 Incremental Update download (Mega link) Thanks to sh0x31
Downloads for OnePlus 6T:
- Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Android 10 for OnePlus 6T | Full OTA download (direct link)
- Previous: Download Stable Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6T
How to update OnePlus 6/6T to latest Oxygen OS 10.0.1 firmware update?
Method 1: Simply going to settings > about phone > system update > check for OTA updates. Note: You may need to connect VPN and change location to Germany or Canada.
Method 2: This is the “OnePlus Local Upgrade” method and requires the full stock firmware update zips listed above. This is the easiest way to update any OnePlus phone including the 7 Pro. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or the Stable OxygenOS channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware zip from above.
- Transfer the OOS 10 zip file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file at the root meaning outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.