Finally, Samsung’s most awaited OneUI 2.0 beta program begins for the stunning Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 devices. If you don’t already know, OneUI 2.0 beta features Android 10 firmware update for the Galaxy Note 10 family. We have already seen Android 10 for the stunning Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+. The new One UI 2.0 features some stunning new features, improved design, and of course all the Android 10 goodies. So if you haven’t received the Android 10 update on your Note 10 yet, here is how to update officially or otherwise. Also, download the OTA update zip based on OneUI 2.0. You can use this and manually update your Note 10 devices.
One UI 2.0 beta program begins in the Europe today for countries like Germany and the UK. You can also expect it in the regions of Asia and USA as well. The Android 10 beta registration slots are open for the global (that is, the Exynos) variants of Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus at the time of writing. So if you have a compatible device, then you can simply go to the Samsung Members app and register right away from the notice section. (the bell icon) Alternatively, if you don’t see any notice or didn’t not accept for some reason, then follow the procedure below and manually update to One UI 2.0 beta by flashing the OTA update zip based on Android 10.
The OTA zip is now available for download for the Exynos Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+. It features new firmware build numbers – N975FXXU1ZSJF for the Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975F) and N970FXXU1ZSJF for the S10 (SM-G970F). Soon the US variants of Note 10+ (SM-N975U/U1) and Note 10 (SM-N970U/U1) will start receiving Android 10. We will post the OTA download links below as soon as they are available. So stay tuned. Here is the beta program notice:
The build number N975FXXU1ZSJF suggests that this is a direct jump to Android 10 beta 2 for the Exynos Note 10 Plus. This is great news because you get a more stable version. As we have seen in the Galaxy S10’s OneUI beta 2, this new update features the latest security patch level of November 1, 2019. You will also notice improved Camera features with added functionalities like slow motion for front camera. Intelligent Wi-Fi 1.5 also makes it to the Android 10 beta 2. Auto Hotspot feature has also been added. Wi-Fi Tips feature provides users with help tips when something goes wrong with your Wi-Fi connection. Media and devices can now easily control external devices connected to your smartphone. Improved fingerprint recognition algorithm. This fingerprint update also addresses the ongoing controversy about the Galaxy S10 being unlocked with unregistered fingerprint when a screen protector is applied.
Also, checkout the compete Samsung OneUI 2.0 Android 10 changelog and feature list.
Download OneUI 2.0: Official Android 10 for Galaxy Note 10/10+
Following we have listed the official Android 10 OTA
update.zip file for the Exynos Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ variants. While the update is only available in Germany, you can still manually update your Note 10 series phones manually using the OTA update zip listed below.
We have the OneUI 2.0 for the entire global Galaxy Note 10 series family. The following OTA update features build going from ASJ2 to ZSJF. So your device needs to be on the base firmware N970FXXU1ASJ2 based on Android 9 Pie in order to upgrade to Android 10.
Downloads from Samsung Servers: OneUI Beta
- Exynos Galaxy Note 10 One UI 2.0 | Download N975FXXU1ASJ2 to ZSJF update.zip
- Exynos Galaxy Note 10+ One UI 2.0 | Download N970FXXU1ASJ2 to ZSJF update.zip
NOTES for eligible devices! The update zips are only for MULTI-CSC OXM! You can check this by dialing with your phone app at – *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the middle of CSC-build. If it is present, then proceed.
Eligible OXM multi CSC builds are ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single: ( BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA )
You will also need:
- Download full N975FXXU1ASJ2 stock firmware using SamFirm tool
- Download latest Odin 3.13.3
- Or Patched Odin3_v3.13.1
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+ to Android 10 One UI 2.0?
The best way is to update using the Samsung Members app. For detailed instructions, visit: Samsung OneUI 2.0 Beta program based on Android 10 begins today for Note 10+ if you live in Europe, Asia, or USA.
- Make sure your device is an Exynos Note 10 (plus) variant.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Make sure to setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows, Mac OS, Linux or Chrome OS.
Samsung SDK Platform Tools methods
- Make sure your Galaxy Note 10+ is on the latest Android 9 Pie ASJ2 build. See how to install Samsung stock firmware via Odin flash tool.
- Download ASJ2 -> ZSJF OTA update zip from above.
- Rename it to
- Transfer the file to PC, Mac Book, or Linux machine. Also, keep a copy of the update zip on your phone’s storage or SD card.
- Download Samsung SDK Platform Tools SDK platform tools from here for your PC – Windows, Linux, MacOS.
- Extract the SDK files to your desktop.
- Enter the extracted folder and put the update.zip in it.
- From the folder, launch a command prompt window. You an do this by simply clicking the address bar, type “cmd” and hit enter. Alternatively, hold left shift, right click on mouse and select “open command prompt here”.
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Now, enter into recovery mode by holding power+bixby+volume up buttons.
- Select “update via ADB”. (you scroll down using the volume buttons and select using the power button).
- Connect your phone to the PC using original Samsung USB cable.
- In the command prompt issue the following command:
- See if your device has been connected and wait for the daemon to start.
- If your device is found, run the following command:
./adb sideload update.zip
- Wait for the update to install and reboot the phone.
- Repeat the same procedure for next OTA update beta 2, beta 3, and so forth. (if available)
Stock recovery method – OTA update zip installation:
Step 1: Make sure your Galaxy Note 10+ is on the Android 9 Pie firmware ASJ2 build. If your phone is already running ASJ2 software version, skip this step and proceed. Also, see how to install Samsung stock firmware via Odin flash tool.
Step 2: Download ASJ2 -> ZSJF OTA update zip from above. Rename it to
update.zip and transfer the file to PC, Mac Book, or Linux machine. Also, keep a copy of the update zip on your phone’s storage or SD card.
Step 3: Reboot your Galaxy phone into Recovery mode. To do so, turn of your phone completely and then press and hold Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
Step 4: Once you enter the stock recovery mode, use the volume buttons to navigate and select the option “apply update from SD card“.
Step 5: Navigate to the update zip file (ASJ2 -> ZSJF) in SD card and hit power button to select it.
Step 6: The update will then start. The update can take between 2 to 10 minutes. Once you finish this step, skip to step 13.
Step 7: Repeat the same for further OTA update like beta 2, beta 3, and more
update.zip. (if available)
Note: You can also, issue the following command through cmd or terminal to reboot into recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
ADB sideload method:
Alternatively: If you don’t have an SD Card option, use the ADB sideload method.
Follow the steps from 1 to 3 from above and then select the “apply update from adb” option.
Step 1: Connect Android phone to PC. Now open a command prompt or terminal window on your PC where the OTA update zip is present. To do so, type cmd in address bar and hit Enter key.
Step 2: Now go to device recovery and select “Apply updates from ADB”.
Step 3: Navigate to the location where you have placed the OTA file on your PC. It’s time to flash the OTA by issuing the following command. (Note that you type the exact name with its proper extension.)
adb sideload update.zip
Note: Here it will be adb sideload update.zip Put the exact file name in the <filename> section without “<>” and proper extension.
Step 4: Approve the update and wait till the upgrade completes.
Step 5: Reboot device to system.
Note: While, on Mac OS, you can issue “./adb sideload <filename>.zip” command or on Linux type “sudo adb sideload <filename>.zip” to flash the OTA. Check out the complete tutorial from here.
Following is the complete tutorial:
Here is a video tutorial on how to install by SStech:
You may also need to know how to restore Samsung Galaxy devices back to stock Android 9 Pie. We will also list Android 10 beta 2 for Snapdragon Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus variants in the Unites States (USA). So stay tuned!