Google recently released the official version of Android 10 for its Pixel series phones along with the updated AOSP sources. This soon followed by other OEM manufacturers like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Essential Phone, and the most recent Samsung Galaxy S10 series. All these smartphone manufacturers have either released the official stock firmware or beginning the beta testing program. Nokia has also joined in and becomes one of the first manufacturers to release Android 10 update starting with Nokia 8.1.
Nokia 8.1 is now receiving the latest Android 10 OTA update. It is the official stock firmware and not the beta version. The manufacturer’s popular Nokia 8 series is now receiving the Android 10 update in phased manner starting with the regions of Asia. So go to settings > system updates > and download the OTA update.
According to the changelog listed below, the Android 10 update features all the goodies including Dark Mode, Smart Reply, brand new gesture navigation system, advanced Privacy and location control, and the latest September 2019 security patch. As Nokia 8.1 runs the Android One firmware, you will have the stock experience found on the Pixel phones. Checkout the screenshot and update log from below. We have also listed the OTA update download link to update manually.
Update log for Nokia 8.1 Android 10 OTA update:
- Notification – Software upgrade – Android 10 (V4.15B)
- Dark mode — Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply — Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture navigation — Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location –
- Google Security Patch (2019-09)
- Update size: 1448.7 MB
Download Nokia 8.1 Android 10 official OTA update
Official Nokia 8.1 OTA updates are listed below. it features new firmware build number V4.15B. This is the full stock firmware or the OTA update zip file. It comes in a large file size of 1.4 GB. The link listed below is direct download link officially from Google’s Android One firmware repository. You can use it to manually update your device.
- Nokia 8.1 Android 10 OTA update | Download PNX-415B-0-00WW-B03 (Direct)
How to update Nokia 8.1 to Android 10?
Method 1: Via sideloading OTA zip
- Download the OTA update zip file from above.
- Rename the file by adding “-update” at the end of the file name. For example:
- Transfer the OTA zip to phone storage in root folder. Meaning, not inside any folder.
- Open phone pp or dialer app and dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
- Confirm the update to install when prompted.
- Choose install now option.
- Wait for the update to finish and restart when prompted.
Method 2: Via ADB sideload method
There are more simpler methods as well. You can also flash the OTA update zip via ADB. See the full tutorial on how to install OTA updates.