The regular OnePlus 7 launched this month and is now available on sale in some countries. The newest flagship is the lite version of OnePlus 7 Pro and a more budget friendly option. It features all the latest hardware and software specifications including the Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 GPU, 6GB to 8GB RAM, and default 128 GB storage option with UFS 3.0. These are the classic OnePlus specifications for their latest flagships; nothing too fancy like the 7 Pro. Today, the regular OnePlus 7 received its second OTA update since the launch – So download and install the latest OxygenOS 9.5.5 OTA update for regular OnePlus 7 update.
Oxygen OS 9.5.5 is a minor update weighing 125 MB in size over the previous OOS 9.5.4, but features a major camera upgrade that we saw in the 7 Pro version earlier. The OTA packs newer May 2019 security patch level, and some general bug fixes and improvements. Whereas, the camera app now has correction in contrast and color, improvements to white balance, accuracy and stability of auto focusing. Most importantly, it improved the clarity and color of Nightscape along with the brightness of photos in low lighting conditions. Check out the full change log from below.
As we already know, OnePlus 7 comes with Android 9 Pie out of the box. On top of that, we have Oxygen OS 9.5 specific features as well. This includes:
- New Gaming Mode called Fnatic mode
- Zen Mode – Phone down feature
- Native screen recorder
- Screenshot editor
- Spam call and text filtering (Only in India)
- New Work-Life balance feature
- NightScape 2.0
- Always on display and edge notification light
- Digital Wellbeing
Here is a video from Tech Spurt detailing all the features of the Oxygen OS 9.5 or OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro:
What’s new with Oxygen OS 9.5.5 for OnePlus 7?
• Updated Android security patch to 2019.5
• General bug fixes and improvements
• Improved overall contrast and color performance
• Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
• Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
• Improve brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
Download latest Oxygen OS 9.5.5 for OnePlus 7 – OTA update and Full Stock Firmware
Now, there are different variants of OnePlus 7 model numbers. The global variant (includes USA unlocked), Indian variant, and the EU variant. There are different updates for different devices. Other than that there are carrier variants of OnePlus 7 in the United States from T-Mobile, Verizon, and more.
Packages with build tag GM57AA are intended for the following variants:
- GM1901: India
- GM1905: Global (?)
Packages with build tag GM57BA are intended for the following variant:
- GM1903: EU
Full stock firmware downloads:
The full stock firmware updates for the latest Oxygen OS 9.5.5 will be updated soon. So stay tuned. Meanwhile you can download the previous Oxygen OS 9.5.4 if you need them. You can also use a VPN and connect to Canada or Germany to download latest OxygenOS OTA updates.
You can easily install the full firmware package or full ROM zips via Local Upgrade method; provided that the firmware version or build number you are trying to install is higher than the already existing firmware build.
9.5.4: OnePlus7Oxygen_14.E.10_OTA_010_all_1905230229 MD5: 7dc363bedb1be48d4175912fa879d1b8
You may also like: (Stock boot-recovery images):
We also have Android Q Beta rolling out for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro right now!
How to Update OnePlus 7 to latest Oxygen OS firmware?
For those of you who are now familiar with Oxygen OS updates, the manufacture makes the latest updates publicly available to the customers so you can also download them to your phone storage and update manually. This is if the OTA (over -the-air) updates does not work or aren’t available in your region.
Usually, the latest Oxygen OS updates are live on Canadian or German OnePlus servers. You can setup a VPN and set the location to Canada or Germany and then check for OTA updates; if you don’t see the latest Oxygen OS update mentioned above.
For OTA updates, simply go to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
Method 1: Local Upgrade
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS.
Method 2: Stock recovery
Alternatively, you can also grab the OTA update zips and install it using stock recovery method or ADB sideload method listed here. This requires the incremental OTA update zips.
- Download the latest OTA update zip file. to phone storage. Keep it in root folder, meaning outside every folder.
- Reboot your Android phone into Recovery Mode. To do so, turn off your phone completely. Now, press and hold the power button and volume down key at the same time for a few seconds.
- Use the volume up and down keys to navigate and power button to select.
- On the next screen, select the Recovery mode option to get into stock recovery mode.
- From the Recovery Mode, select “Apply Updates from phone’s storage” or “Apply updates from sdcard”.
- Navigate and select the OTA zip file from phone storage.
- Confirm the installation. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the installation completes, it will automatically reboot. If not, go back and reboot manually.
Enjoy latest Oxygen OS update on your phone.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.