Updated December 17, 2018: ZTE Axon 7 (A2017G) is now receiving yet another OTA update with November 2018 security patch level based on Android 8.0 Oreo. This new OAT features a new firmware build number
A2017GV1.3.0B03. It also comes with some bug fixes and optimizations. The full stock SD card package is now available for download directly from the manufacturer’s website.
Original: Following ZTE Axon 7 A2017U’s Android 8.0 Oreo official OTA update rollout in the United States, the manufacturer is going global. Today, the Axon 7 A2017G variants are receiving official Android 8.0 Oreo stable via OTA update (over-the-air). Yes, this is not the SD card package as we did with the US variant. The update features new firmware build number A2017GV1.3.0B02. So download and install new Oreo OTA update for Axon 7 with build number B02 today.
The update is currently rolling out in phase and currently live in the European Union region. Unfortunately, we do not have the full stock firmware zip or the OTA update zip available for download as of now; like we did for the ZTE Axon 7 A2017U. So in order to get this update, you will need to manually go into settings > system updates and check for any update notifications. We will soon list the SD Card package here in the download section once available. So stay tuned.
Apart from the Android 8.0 Oreo update, the change log also suggests that it features the latest October 1, 2018 security patch level but no mention of which. Further, you can expect performance enhancements as well.
Download ZTE Axon 7 A2017G Android 8.0 Oreo OTA Update
Download latest Android Oreo update for Axon 7.
- Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo SD card package | Download ZTE A2017GV1.3.0B03
- Full ZTE Axon 7 downloads repository
Previous October patch update: The Full EDL is not available for download for the Axon 7. Thanks to djkuz
How to Update?
It doesn’t matter which firmware your device is on. Whether it is B02 Android Oreo with October security patch or the Android 7.1 B12.
- Simply download the full stock firmware (SD card package) zip file from above,
- Extract the zip. If there is a folder called update in side, then zip it using the 7zip software on windows. You should now have a update.zip file with all the content inside.
- Now, transfer it to SD card or phone storage outside every folder. Do not put it inside a folder.
- Now, go yo system updates in settings and search for updates.
- Update to Oreo and enjoy!
Alternatively, if that doesn’t work,
- Simply enable OEM Unlocking under Developer Options
- Reboot phone into recovery mode by turning off device completely and then press and hold via power button + vol+ keys
- From the recovery mode, select update from SD card option
- Select the update zip file wait for the upgrade to finish.
Note: You can flash the A2017G_B02_OREO_FULL_EDL using the For Miflash tool or the Axon7_EDL_Tool.
Note 2: If you are on the custom TWRP recovery use this to remove all lock settings: A2017X_remove _all_ locksettings
Following is the full stock firmware (SD Card package) or the OTA update files. Thanks to raystef66 and rzarectha, we now have the OTA zip for the ZTE Axon 7 A2017GV1.3.0B02 Oreo firmware.
- ZTE Axon 7 A2017G Oreo | Download ZTE A2017GV1.3.0B02 OTA zip
Note: Use the SD card method or the OTA install method for this.