Samsung is currently rolling out Android 9.0 Pie for the the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. Following the first beta build CRI5, we now have the second Beta available for download with firmware build numbers G960USQU3CRI7 & G965USQU3CRI7 for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus respectively. This new OTA update brings many new bug fixes and working features. MOst importantly, it brings a solution to the ugly looking white UI content with black background. So download and install the latest Samsung Experience 10 Beta 2 (CRI7) based on Android 9.0 Pie for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
This new update brings a solution to the ugly looking notifications UI. The notification color along with the quick settings panel now adapts to the wallpaper color you have set. This makes the UI look more pleasing. Another stunning feature is that the Night Mode works. The settings UI along with other components now turn dark with a black background.
Here is a video featuring the new working features that come with Samsung Experience 10 Beta 2:
Samsung Experience 10 features all the Android Pie goodies such as Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Slice, Actions, new swipe gestures like the Google Pixel phones, and much more. Though Samsung has its own gesture controls called Edge Gestures introduced with Good Lock 2018‘s plugin called One Hand Operations +, a native swipe gesture is an added bonus. Most importantly when it comes to the overview mode (formerly known as recent apps panel). You can select any kind of text in the overview mode.
Note that Samsung Experience 10 is currently in testing state, meaning you will most certainly encounter bugs. Moreover, the firmware is only available for United States region with Snapdragon variants of Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U/U1) and S9 Plus (SM-G965U/U1).
Here is a list of bugs with current builds:
- Secure Folder (works) Needs a factory reset.
- Smart View (NOT working)
- Dolby Atmos (not fully optimized)
- Samsung Pay (may NOT work for some)
- Night Theme Toggle (not fully optimized)
- Navigation Gesture (not fully optimized)
- Samsung DeX (not fully optimized)
- Samsung Theme (not fully optimized)
- Samsung Gear Device incompatibility. (may NOT work for some)
- Bluetooth Media Audio (not fully optimized)
- USB Host Mode (may NOT work for some)
Download Samsung Experience 10 Beta 2 for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus (Android 9.0 Pie)
Here, we have listed the OTA download links for the Samsung Galaxy S9’s Android 9.0 Pie firmware update based on Samsung Experience 10. The Beta 2 comes with a new firmware build numbers G960USQU3CRI7 & G965USQU3CRI7 respectively.
The SE 10 firmware beta is basically designed for S9 SM-G960U1 but works on SM-G960U and S9 Plus SM-G965U1 but also works on SM-G965U.
Android 9.0 Pie OTA update downloads:
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965U | Download SS-G965USQS3ARG8-to-U3CRI7-UP
- Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960U | SS-G960USQS3ARG8-to-U3CRI7-UP
You will also need:
- Galaxy S9 Plus: G965USQS3ARG8 Odin firmware
- Galaxy S9: G960USQS3ARG8 Odin firmware
- Latest Odin flashing tool v3.13.1 file
For installation instructions, visit:
You may also like:
Thanks to – XDA, Samsung Firmware Science