Table of Contents Hide
Updated December 11, 2018: Samsung’s latest Android 9.0 Pie firmware update is officially re-branded to One UI. The Samsung Experience 10 (formerly TouchWiz) is now called One UI version 1.0. The One UI beta 3 is now available for download for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus for the unlocked Snapdragon variants. It comes with new firmware build numbers and G960U1UEU3ZRL5 and G965U1UEU3ZRL5 and builds G960USQU3ZRL5 and G965USQU3ZRL5 respectively for the carrier variants.
It features the following updates and bug fixes:
- Freezing of Dialer (occurs sometimes)
- When turning on/off Night mode, and even if we change Brightness from Notification panel the brightness of background screen remains black .
- Sometimes Autofill function does not work when using Samsung Pass
- Auto login to Samsung pass is resolved but iris scan does not work
- Even if we set option to use only fingerprint in Samsung Pass it asks for intelligent scan anyway
- Alarm does not work
- In Recent Apps screen, frequently used apps appear on top and ‘Close all’ button is not there
- Home or Back function does not work in Recent App screen
- Call app crashes when searching for unregistered names in ‘Search’ bar?
- Calling sound comes but there is delay in appearance of that screen
- When receiving or making a call, it does not connect immediately and there is some delay in response
- When turning on the Hotspot and changing the Password, the phone switches off and it turns on after some time?
- When copying / pasting to the input window, the letter does not appear at the bottom of the icon in Samsung Internet’s night mode
- When entering Recent app while using YouTube, YouTube turns off
- If we move or replace the app in the folder then it disappears
- The function of copying and moving the file within My File does not work
- Update error in Play store or Galaxy apps
- When I take the phone out of my pocket, the ‘Auto wake up function’ does not work
- Constant error while using Data Roaming
- AP list does not appear in Night Mode
- Data Roaming does not work in Overseas
- Screen does not turn off when receiving/making calls
Original post: Samsung is currently rolling out Android 9.0 Pie for the the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. Following the first beta build CRI5, we now have the second Beta available for download with firmware build numbers G960USQU3CRI7 & G965USQU3CRI7 for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus respectively. This new OTA update brings many new bug fixes and working features. Most importantly, it brings a solution to the ugly looking white UI content with black background. So download and install the latest Samsung Experience 10 Beta 2 (CRI7) based on Android 9.0 Pie for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
This new update brings a solution to the ugly looking notifications UI. The notification color along with the quick settings panel now adapts to the wallpaper color you have set. This makes the UI look more pleasing. Another stunning feature is that the Night Mode works. The settings UI along with other components now turn dark with a black background.
Here is a video featuring the new working features that come with Samsung One UI:
Samsung Experience 10 features all the Android Pie goodies such as Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Slice, Actions, new swipe gestures like the Google Pixel phones, and much more. Though Samsung has its own gesture controls called Edge Gestures introduced with Good Lock 2018‘s plugin called One Hand Operations +, a native swipe gesture is an added bonus. Most importantly when it comes to the overview mode (formerly known as recent apps panel). You can select any kind of text in the overview mode.
Note that Samsung Experience 10 is currently in testing state, meaning you will most certainly encounter bugs. Moreover, the firmware is only available for United States region with Snapdragon variants of Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U/U1) and S9 Plus (SM-G965U/U1).
Download Samsung One UI Beta for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus (Android 9.0 Pie)
The ZRK6 build is now officially called One UI and is more stable than the previous SE 10 build CRI7. So download that.
Here, we have listed the OTA download links for the Samsung Galaxy S9’s Android 9.0 Pie firmware update based on Samsung One UI 1.0.
Latest OTA for the unlocked variants:
- Galaxy S9 Plus G965U1UEU3ZRKP-to-EU3ZRL5 update zip
- Galaxy S9 G960U1UEU3ZRKP-to-EU3ZRL5 update zip (coming soon)
OTA downloads for Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Download G965USQS3ARIB-to-U3ZRK9 update zip
- 11/19/18 BRJ5 to CRKD G965U
- 11/21/18 BRJ5 to CRKE G965U
- 11/26/18 BRJ5 to ZRKJ G965U
- 11/28/18 BRJ5 to CRKK G965U
- 11/30/18 BRJ6 to ZRKP G965U
ZRKJ to [B]ZRKP[/B
OTA downloads for Samsung Galaxy S9
- Download G960USQS3ARIB-to-U3ZRK9
- G960USQU3BRJ5-to-U3CRKD for G960U
- G960USQU3BRJ5-to-U3CRKE for G960U
- G960USQU3BRJ5-to-U3CRKK for G960U
You will also need:
- Galaxy S9 Plus: G965USQS3ARG8 Odin firmware
- Galaxy S9: G960USQS3ARG8 Odin firmware
- Latest Odin flashing tool v3.13.1 file
In order to update, your device needs to be on the ARG8 full firmware (Flash it using Odin Flash Tool). Once done, visit the following tutorial for installation instructions:
You will also need:
You may also like:
Thanks to – XDA, Samsung Firmware Science