WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging or chatting app in the world with well over a billion installs on the Play Store itself. Throughout these years, the app has gone through many changes and introduced many features. These features range from Group Calling for Voice and Video, End-to-End Encryption, WhatsApp Status (stories), Video calling, Voice calling, WhatsApp Web, and much more. The latest feature introduced to WhatsApp Messenger is the introduction of Picture-in-Picture mode for videos shared from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and more. So download the latest version of WhatsApp to get this PIP feature.
The picture-in-picture mode for videos is introduced with WhatsApp Messenger 2.18.301 beta. You can directly play the shared videos inside the WhatsApp app itself. Meaning, you no longer need to switch between apps. For instance, if someone shared a video from YouTube, once you tap on the thumbnail, a video player will popup and start playing the video in the WhatsApp app itself, without redirecting you to the source app.
Until today, when you click a link to the shared video in your WhatsApp chat, the link would take you to the particular app or open it in the browser. With this new feature, you can start watching videos directly withing the WhatsApp app.
Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode was introduced by Google with the launch of Android 8.0 Oreo. We have this feature on most of the Google apps like Maps, Chrome, YouTube, and more. As the PIP feature is native to Android Oreo or above, you may only get to use WhatsApp PIP mode on Android devices running 8.0 Oreo or later.
WhatsApp PIP mode: Play YouTube Videos in WhatsApp itself
Moreover, the PIP mode for video is in beta state. So you will need to sign up for WhatsApp Beta testing program. Then update the app and test the feature yourself. Note that beta app may consists of bugs.
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger.
- You will also need to enroll for WhatsApp Beta testing program to get the latest features before the official ones. Visit this link to become a WhatsApp beta tester. (WhatsApp Messenger 2.18.301 beta)
- Once enrolled, you will receive an update in the Play Store.
- Update and launch WhatsApp Messenger.
- Swipe to get into calls section.
- Start a voice or video call to your contact. (With latest update)
- Once you are connected.
- Tap on the new “add participant” button in the top right corner to add more contacts to the call.
- Enjoy your call.
Alternatively, install the latest WhatsApp APK manually.
- Download latest WhatsApp APK (WhatsApp Messenger 2.18.303 beta)
Note that, download the APK to phone storage, extract the zip and install as normal APK.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.