Huawei has already started enrolling users for the upcoming EMUI 9 firmware update under the beta channel. The EMUI 9.0 beta rollout has already begun and you can sign up for Huawei’s Beta Program from here. However, signing up for Huawei’s EMUI Beta program alone does not guarantee that your phone will receive the update. There are limited slots for the EMUI 9.0 beta testers. But don’t worry, we have got you covered. This tutorial will help you to update your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro to the latest EMUI 9 Beta based on Android 9 Pie.
Courtesy of a1Pha (in source), who have ported the EMUI 9 beta firmware for all the Huawei P20 users. The firmware has been tested on Huawei P20 variants including EML-L09, EML-L29 and P20 Pro variants including CLT-L09, CLT-L29. Users of other variants will need to test it at your own risk.
Moreover, this tutorial is for devices with FRP unlocked, Bootloader Unlocked, and rooted Huawei phones. Huawei has again opened the Bootloader Unlocking here for a short period of time. So if you would like to then act now to unlock Huawei P20’s Bootloader. Or you can wait to until the official stable EMUI 9.0 rolls out.
How to Update Huawei P20 and P20 Pro to Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 Beta?
Warning: This is not the official procedure. We won’t be responsible for any damage to your devices. This procedure has been tested using on the listed Huawei P20 (Pro) CLT-L09 C432 device using Windows 10 x64 computer. You need to learn more before proceeding.
Download EMUI 9.0 for Huawei P20 (Pro)
EMUI 9.0 for Huawei P20 (Pro)
EMUI 9.0 for Huawei P20
- Download this EMUI beta flashing tool v0.2 to PC.
- Download the EMUI 9 beta firmware from above for your Huawei device to PC.
- Extract the EMUI flashing tool.
- Also, extract the EMUI firmware zip inside the flashing tool. The EMUI firmware consists of ZIP and XML files.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging on your Huawei device.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Establish a successful connection.
- Start the firmware flashing via FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- You may need to factory reset if the device does not boot.
First boot may take some time. Source