Android Messages is the next best solution for messaging app by Google following a number of failed attempt including Allo, Hangouts, and more. Google seems to be getting it’s priority straight with Android Messages and this time we get the latest Material Design 2. We already have Android Messages for Web, a Desktop Client, and we are looking forward to RCS messaging support. So download the new Android Messages APK to get the latest features right now.
Android Messages got the new Material Design 2 a few days ago, but it was reverted with the new update from Play Store. Now, it is available again with stability and improvements to it. It also features the new Dark Theme that will go with your new Android 9 Pie‘s Dark Theme. Google Chrome also gets Material Design 2.
How to get Material Design 2 for Android Messages?
The first thing you need it the latest Android Messages 3.5.052 or later. We have listed the APK below.
Download Android Messages APK 3.5+
There are 3 versions available for download for devices with arm64, arm, and x86 architecture. Download the APK for your device. See if your Android phone is arm64, arm, or x86.
Note: For Google Drive APK, download them to your PC, transfer to phone storage, and install them. Directly installing via Gdrive may give you errors.
- Android Messages APK for arm64 devices (Gdrive) | Box Mirror
- Android Messages APK for arm devices (Gdrive) | Box Mirror
- Android Messages APK for x86 devices (Gdrive) | Box Mirror
Google Play Store Link:
If you are looking forward to specific DPI versions, visit the downloads repository on APK Mirror.
Steps to get Material Design 2 with Dark Theme:
- Download the latest Android Messages APK from above.
- Transfer to phone storage and install it.
- Once done, launch the app.
- If you do not see the new Material Design 2 or Dark Theme, you will need to force stop the app once.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Android Messages > Force Stop.
- Launch the app again.