Table of Contents Hide
- Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG devices
LineageOS 15.1 is the most popular custom ROM for Android devices. It emerged from the CyanogenMod ROM which was widely used until last year. Now, the LineageOS ROM brings Android 8.1 Oreo update with latest May 2018 security patches from AOSP. We also have the official Nightly builds for the same for Nitrogen OS ROM, Lineage OS 15.1 and Resurrection Remix v6.0.0. However, not all the devices are included into the stable LOS chain. Some of the LG devices are still running on LineageOS 14.1 based on Nougat. To get around this, here we have listed all the unofficial builds of Lineage OS 15.1 for LG device.
Though unofficial, many of the LOS ROMs can be used as daily drivers. However, they may consists of some bugs as most of the builds are at early stages. See the sources for changelogs. Now, you can update your LG G2, G3, G4, G5, G6, V20, V30+ device to latest Android 8.1 Oreo using a custom ROM Lineage OS 15.1. So download and install Lineage OS 15.1 for all LG devices. The download section is below and the installation instructions are above it.
Moreover, official LG Android 8.0 Oreo is currently rolling out for many of the devices including LG G6, LG V30/V30+. LG G4 has already receives Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. For those who can’t wait for updates, can flash Lineage OS 15.1 ROM right now! You will also need Open Gapps, Magisk to root, and you can use Substratum Theme Engine as well.
How To Install Lineage OS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo for all LG smartphones?
Before flashing anything, carefully follow the points mentioned below.
- To flash any custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- install custom TWRP recovery setup through which you will install OS.
- Make sure your device has full battery charge.
- Take a full Nandroid backup of your data from TWRP.
- Your device warranty might be void after flashing custom ROM.
- AndroidSage will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Custom ROM Installation Guide
- Make sure your LG device has an Unlocked Bootloder and flashed a custom recovery such as the recommended LG TWRP from below or the official will work too. See how to install TWRP on LG device.
- Download the proper Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for your variant from below. Also download latest Magisk zip and Gapps for Oreo zip.
- Transfer all the files to device storage.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid Backup.
- If you are coming from official LOS, you can also do a dirty flash. However, it is highly recommended to wipe the data, cache, and system first.
- So go to Wipe > Advanced wipe > and select partitions such as system, data, cache, etc. Do not wipe internal storage. Otherwise, do a factory reset from TWRP.
- Flash the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM zip.
- Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Flash the latest Magisk zip if you want to root.
- Flash the Gapps for 8.1 Oreo.
- Reboot to system.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG devices
The manufacturer LG has good hardware and software support which enables developers to build several custom ROMs for their devices including the LG G2, G3, G4, G5, G6, V20, and V30. The unofficial software support for LG is also great. We have stunning custom ROMS including official Lineage OS 15.1, AOSP 8.0 Oreo, Lineage OS 15, Resurrection Remix Nougat, RR 6.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo, Paranoid Android, and much more.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G2
The following downloads repository consists of the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G2 and many of its variants such as D800 (AT&T); D802 (Europe); D801 (T-Mobile); D802TA (Australia); D803 (Canada); VS980 (Verizon); LS980 (Sprint). These are the alpha builds so the LOS ROM may not be suitable as a daily driver.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G3
The following downloads repository consists of the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G3 and many of its variants including D855 (Europe); D850 (AT&T); D851 (T-Mobile); D852 (Canada).
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G4
The following downloads repository consists of the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G4 and many of its variants including H815 (EMEA), H815TR (Turkey), H815T (Hong Kong), H815P (LATAM, South Africa), H812 (Canada), H810 (AT&T), H811 (T-Mobile), LS991 (Sprint), VS986 (Verizon), US991 (US Cellular).
- Currently, there are only builds for LG G4 H815/H811. More will be updated here.
- Latest Marshmallow firmware is required for H811 and latest Nougat/MM firmware for H815. (Search out website.)
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G5
The following downloads repository consists of the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G5 and many of its variants including H850 (Europe); LG G5 Speed H858 (Taiwan); VS987 (Verizon); H820 (AT&T); LS992 (Sprint); H830 (T-Mobile); US992 (US Cellular); Vodafone
Also known as LG G5 Dual H860N with dual-SIM card slots.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G6
The following downloads repository consists of the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G6 and many of its variants including LG G6+ with 128 GB storage; H870 (Europe); H871 (AT&T); H872 (T-Mobile); H873 (Canada); H870K (Australia); LS993 (Sprint); US997 (U.S. Cellular); VS988 (Verizon Wireless).
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V20
The following downloads repository consists of the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V20 and many of its variants including H990N (Hong Kong); H990DS (Global Dual-SIM); H910 (AT&T); H918 (T-Mobile); LS997 (Sprint); US996 (US Cellular); VS995 (Verizon); H990T (Mexico). Also known as LG V20 Dual H990DS/H990N with dual-SIM card slots.
- Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V20 | Google Drive folder
- This ROM is compatible with LG V20 H910, H918, LS997, US996, VS995
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V30
The following downloads repository consists of the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V30 and many of its variants including H930 (Europe); H930DS (Hong Kong); H933 (Canada); H931 (АТ&Т); H932 (T-Mobile); VS996 (Verizon); US998 (US Cellular); LS998U (Sprint)
Other versions: LG V30+ with 128 GB storage; LG Signature Edition with 256 GB storage & 6 GB RAM; LG V30+ Dual H930DS with dual-SIM card slots.
Download Gapps and Magisk for Android 8.1 Oreo
Along with the ROM, you will need the latest Gapps for Android 8.1 Oreo, and latest official TWRP. Moreover, if you are looking for rooting the Lineage OS 15.1, then the latest Magisk 16 is just the right thing for you.
Once done, be patient, as the first boot may take some time. Follow us for more updates on custom ROMs for any Android smartphone.