Table of Contents Hide
HTC is now getting into the Oreo update game. The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer has already released Android 8.0 firmware update for the flagship phones including the HTC U11, HTC U11 Ultra, HTC U11 Life. They promised the same for the HTC 10 as well. Today, we are receiving the HTC 10 Android 8.0 Oreo update for unlocked variant. The below download section consists of the full stock RUU EXE file and the OTA update as well.
The Oreo update comes to the Unlocked HTC 10 in the United States for now and may soon spread to European and Asian countries; meaning the international variant. As it comes to unlocked variant, the Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile HTC 10 models will soon get Oreo. This update features the software version 3.16.617.2 and is available via OTA and stock RUU files. The RUU update weight around 1.82 GB in size.
The update brings all the 8.0 Oreo goodies like the Picture-In-Picture, Autofill for passwords and usernames, notification dots for app icons when a new notification arrive, instant apps, and much more.
Download HTC 10 Oreo RUU EXE/ZIP file
- HTC 10 Android 8.0 Oreo update | Download RUU EXE
Moreover, HTC is now pushing the December 2017 security patch for HTC U11 with firmware build number 2.42.617.1. The full RUU comes in size of 1.9 GB and is readily available for download from here.
How to install RUU EXE Oreo?
The installation is very simple. If you have an unlocked HTC 10 device, then go to Settting, software updates and check for any available OTA. Simply download and install via stock recovery.
However, if you are growing impatient, then you can grab the RUU EXE file from above. Transfer it to your Window PC. Run the RUU EXE file and follow the on screen instructions. The RUU may wipe your device data. It is always recommended to backup all your data before flashing the stock firmware.
- Download the Oreo RUU EXE for your HTC 10 to your PC.
- Connect HTC device to your PC via USB cable.
- If the device is not recognized, reinstall drivers and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
- Now run the HTC 10 Oreo RUU.exe file. This will launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
- The device will reboot.