Table of Contents
The Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 4 for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ is now rolling out in India, Poland, Germany, China, Spain, France. The Samsung members app now shows that the notice of Oreo Beta 4 now available on the EULA servers. The Beta update first came to USA, UK, and South Korea. Now, the manufacturer decided to roll out the OTA for other regions as well. This means all the global variant of S8 and S8+ like SM-G950F/FD and SM-G955F/FD can now install the G950FXXU1ZQL8 and G955FXXU1ZQL8 firmware update.
The update is now live in Samsung Members app. Find the Oreo Beta notice and sign up for the program. The OTA download package weighs about 1.4 GB in size.
How to officially sign up for Samsung Galaxy S8 Android 8.0 Oreo beta program?
The Samsung Experience 9.0 firmware update is now available in India, Poland, China, Germany, France, and other parts of Europe. Here are some steps on how to download Samsung’s Android 8.0 Oreo Beta update.
Step 1: Make sure your device is connected to internet.
Step 2: Download and install the Samsung Members app from the Galaxy App store.
Note: For North America use Samsung+ app
Step 3: Open the Samsung Members app. Sing in or register as a Samsung member.
Step 4: Look for the Samsung Oreo Beta program registration.
Step 5: Sign up for Oreo Beta and wait for approval.
Step 6: Once approved, you will recive an OTA notification.
Step 7: Download Samsung Experience 9.0 and update.
How to install Samsung Oreo Beta 4 on Galaxy S8 using a custom ROM?
Samsung is now almost ready for rolling out stable Android Oreo for Galaxy S8(plus). Most recently, the 4th Beta iteration of Galaxy S8 went live in US and UK. Now with its exciting features, everyone wants a bite of Oreo for their S8(plus). This is not officially available, but thanks to custom ROM developers for coming up with ported ROMs LightROM, KF, Renovate Ice and Minotaurus that brings Beta port of Android O for Galaxy S8(plus). Any S8 user from any region can install and enjoy the latest Oreo Beta using these.
These are based on latest G955FXXU1ZQL8 Oreo Beta 4 Base. It also brings Samsung Experience version 9. All the below custom skins for Android 8 beta are available for download.The links for the same are given below. We have put forth all the working features and flashing details.
Here are some screenshots of the Galaxy S8 (plus) running on LightROM based Android oreo beta.
here are the details and supporting features of all the custom ROM ports for Oreo beta
This one was developed by yash92duster. It is based on G955FXXU1ZQL8 Oreo Beta 4 Base. It supports the variants Samsung Galaxy-S8 (SM-G950F/FD) and Galaxy-S8+ (SM-G955F/FD). It also brings the devices to security patch level of December 2017.
- Stock Camera
- Stock SystemUI
- Samsungs 1060 Fonts
- Stock Clock
- Stock Keyboard
- Smart Manager
- Samsung Contacts
- Sound Mod ( Medium )
- MultiUser support
- Custom Sound and camera Mods
- Multi CSC Support
- Floating Message
Thanks to developer kleidione for this porting. Most of the features of this beta porting are pretty much similar except features here and there. This brings support to multiple regions and 21 new fonts. Apart from that, no random vibrations issue can be found and the KNOX has been removed.
This deodexed ported beta ROM is based on G950FXXU1ZQK4. It is brought to you by developer mwilky. It sets the device status to the official. All of the features are working fine. Some additional tweaks such as the option of biometric unlock after reboot. Also, the beta notification and sd card notification have been removed.
Here is another ported skin for Oreo beta that is based on G955FXXU1ZQL8.
- updated Base to Beta4 G955FXXU1ZQL8
- updated stock kernel for both G950 and G955 F/FD
- WebViewGoogle feature added
- added navbar icons color with settings in RomControl
- single swipe on the right side for expanded tiles in RomControl
- added wifi icon chooser to RomControl
- New Quicklaunch in notification panel to RomControl
- removed option for expandable notification bc never work
- removed screen recorder toggle debugged
- added seconds to status bar stock clock in RomControl
- Fixed by Samsung: Random vibrations, Screenshot vibrations
Download Ported Android Oreo for Galaxy S8(plus)
Here are the direct download links to grab all the ported beta version of Oreo for Galaxy S8/S8+.
- LightROM ported Oreo beta OS | Download
- KF ROM Android O for Galaxy S8/plus | Download
- Renovate Ice for S8(plus) | Download
- Minotaurus Galaxy S8 Oreo Beta |Download
You may also like,
- Oreo beta 3 for Galaxy S8(plus)
- Galaxy S8/S8+ Android Oreo 2nd Beta
- Install Galaxy S8/S8+ oreo beta for Exynos Variants
Install Android O Beta Port for Galaxy S8(plus)
Here are the steps to flash the ported Oreo beta OS on Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Make sure your Galaxy S8 and S8+ device is rooted.
- Make sure your Samsung device has the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- Reboot device into TWRP recovery.
- From the TWRP Recovery, take a full Nandroid backup.
- Go to home screen and perform a full system wipe (system, data, dalvik, cache etc.) Do not wipe internal storage.
- Go to home again and flash the ROM zip again.
- Reboot the device to system.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes while device boots up
So, if you are from the region where official Beta has not yet rolled, then do try out these ported ROM and enjoy the Oreo on your Galaxy S8(plus).
Follow AndroidSage for all latest news and updates on Android Oreo for Galaxy S8(plus).