Table of Contents Hide
Google’s flagship Pixel devices are running on latest Android O making its features most sought by the users. The Pixel ROM has been customized for various devices time and again. Motorola devices are no exception to that. Huge thanks to developer jhenrique09, now Pixel ROM port for Moto-G devices is available for download. It is based on Android 8.0.0 Oreo and brings the device to latest November 2017 security patch. Apart from that, a number of features such as Bluetooth, mobile data, WiFi, Camera, RIL etc are working efficiently.
The ported package also brings all the exclusive pixel based boot animations, wallpapers, icons and much more. Needless to say, the build is in Beta version, so few features such as device lock, call, VOLTE are bugged up. Also, the ROM might be less efficient at times. But developers are on it trying to debug it and make it work finely.
We have included the active download link for the Pixel ROM port. You can manually download and flash on your Moto G device. It is aTWRP flashable ROM and we have explained the installation steps below in details.
Most of the features are working just fine on both the Moto devices and here is a collective list of the same.
- Mobile data
- FM Radio
- Moto Actions
Since this ROM port is a customized work, so expect minor bugs and defects here and there. Most of them are under work and will be available in future builds.
- VOLTE is working after you Turn on/off Enhanced 4G LTE option from network setting after every Reboot
- EX-FAT SD cards are not working.
- Pattern or a Pin lock not enabled
- ROM could be a bit laggy
- Partially working Camcorder
- You cant here ringing sound while you make call
- The call gets automatically connected, also
- call duration not shown while the call is going on ( the bug is only for VOLTE SIM)
Here are some screenshots of the Moto devices running on Pixel ROM featuring:
- Moto-G device home screen after being modded with Google Pixel ROM
- Motorola Moto G3 Running on Pixel ROM based on Android Oreo
- The working features of Moto G3 after flashing the Pixel ROM Port
- Notification Bar of Moto G3 ported with Google Pixel
- Vibrant Stock/Live Wallpapers of Google Pixel Now Available for Moto-G devices After ROM Porting
Download Pixel 2 ROM Port for Moto G Devices
Here are the download links for you to grab the ported OS for your Motorola Moto G3 and Moto G5.
- Pixel ROM port for Moto G3 | Download | zip file
- Pixel Live Wallpapers | Download
- Ported ROM for Moto G5 | Download | zip file
You may also like,
Now before jumping to install the ROM, take care of the following points.
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of the device.
- Also, Install latest TWRP on your device.
- Take a full Nandroid backup of the device data.
Note: As stated prior, this ported ROM has glitches and bugs. AndroidSage will not be responsible for any error/damage during the flashing process.
How to Install Pixel ROM onto Moto G3/G4/G5 based on 8.0 Oreo?
Here are the detailed steps to install the ROM on to the Moto G devices.
Steps For Flashing:
Step-1: Download the Google Pixel 2 ROM port from above links.
Step-2: Move all the files to phone’s internal or external storage.
Step-3: Now, reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode. To do it, switch-off your device and then long press the power button and volume down key for a few seconds. (Power + Home + Volume down/up)
Step-4: Take a full Nandroid backup from TWRP in case you would want to restore. Backup partitions like system, data, boot, recovery, EFS, and cache(optional).
Step-5: Wipe or factory reset the current system. Wipe data, system, etc. but make sure not to Wipe Internal STORAGE.
Step-6: Go to the home-screen on TWRP > tap on Install option. Select the Pixel ROM port zip and approve the installation.
Step-7: After flashing, finish by rebooting to the system.
So, if you are one of those Pixel fanboys, don’t miss on this one and grab the Pixel ROM port for your Moto-G devices. Install and enjoy.
Also, stay connected to AndroidSage for all the latest updates on Android Oreo and everything else related to Android.