This month Nokia seems to be pro-active in seeding monthly updates and OS upgrades to all its smart devices. All the updates are being rolled just in time accompanied by latest security patches. Continuing its spree of updates, Finnish affiliation of Nokia HMD is now rolling the October firmware update for Nokia 8. The mentioned update is rolling as an OTA(over-the-air) update. The update is rolling in waves and it will soon reach all the devices.
The update is a monthly security and stability update. This update brings the October 2017 security patch along with user interface enhancements and other system optimizations. It is weighing around 300 MB.
Changelog: October Firmware Update for Nokia 8:
It’s not really a major update, just monthly security maintenance rolling for Nokia 8. It brings those basic device fixes that usually accompanies a monthly update. So basically, this update brings,
- Install the latest August 2017 Security patch.
- Enhance the user interface.
- improve the device’s stability and performance.
Download Nokia 8 stock firmware and update
Here we will show you how to install the latest October 2017 stock firmware update for Nokia 8.
First you will have to upgrade to the previously available stock firmware using Nokia’s official firmware flashing tool is Known as OST ( Online Service Tool) and later capture the OTA update from October patch.
Nokia’s firmware comes in “.nb0″ format which can be only detected by the OST tool.
Let’s see how can we capture the OTA update.
Download link for Nokia 8 Firmware
- ND1-3320-0-00WW-A02 nokia 5.zip
- PLE-3320-0-00WW-A02_3 Nokia 6.7z
OST tool & patch
- Download OST LA v6.0.4
- Download patch from Pan Baidu | password :- 123
1. Download original firmware from the above link
2. Download OST LA v6.0.4
3. Download patch
4. Unpack OST LA with 7zip and install on your PC
5. Unpack patch (password :- 123)
6. Replace . exe file OnlineUpdateTool with an exe file OnlineUpdateTool exracted from the patch and delete OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config in a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA (see pic.1 )
7. Unpack software with 7zip.
8. Start patched OST LA from the above mentioned folder by double left-click on exe file incicated on pic2.
9. If everything is alright the program will run without requesting login and password to hook up with a server.
10. Select the original software.
11. Enter your Nokia 6 into Download mode connected with USB cable to your PC.
12. After your device enter into Download mode, the button Edit Phone Information will be available. Push that button and wait for a error (something like failed to reboot to FTM mode) being appeared. Don’t be so tragical about it. Press OK and see the button Next should be activated..
13. After button Next become active, press on it and and have an eye on the flashing process or have a cup of tea not to kill time.
14. Your device will reboot and you may congratulate oneself.
How to update to October 2017 security patch?
- On your device go to Settings > About Device > System Updates
- Tap Check for Updates to see if the latest update is available yet.
- Download and install the update if it is available.
We suggest that since the update is sized around 300 MB so get in line with a strong Wi-Fi network and install the update to save your carrier data charges.
Install the October Firmware Update for Nokia 8 and upgrade your device to the latest security. Also, keep visiting for all the latest updates from Nokia.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.