Table of Contents
Update: The OTA update and Full signed firmware zip of Oxygen OS 4.5.8 for OnePlus 5 is now avilable for download. OnePlus is withdrawing the Oxygen OS 4.5.7 OTA update for a gaming shutter issue. A new OTA update with Oxygen OS 4.5.8 is being rolled out to all the OnePlus 5 users across the globe. So if your device is already on any previous stock firmware update, then stop it right there. Don’t upgrade unless it’s OOS 4.5.8. As we know, with the previous update the manufacturer released numerous features, optimizations, EIS for 4K videos, July 2017 security patch, etc. However, the team failed to fix one critical issue with gaming shutter. Here is a hotfix.
OnePlus 5 software development team quotes:
We are withdrawing 4.5.7 due to a gaming stutter issue reported from some forum users. Therefore, we are pushing out 4.5.8 instead to resolve this issue ASAP.
This update could be a delay of the Oxygen OS Open Beta 21 for OnePlus 3 and Beta 12 for Oneplus 3T. OnePLus 3 users are expecting a new Beta update with a new OnePlus Launcher 2.1.5. Download directly the OOS 4.5.8 Hotfix OTA update with all the same change log from the previous on.
Update log of OxygenOS 4.5.8:
An incremental OTA update roll-out of OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA for the OnePlus 5. Following are the highlights of this build:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4K video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Updated to latest GMS package
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed the gaming stutter issue reported by some users.
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed missing sound channels when recording videos
Now, there ain’t any difference between Oxygen OS 4.5.8 and OOS 4.5.7 except the gaming issue.
So if your device is already updated to OOS 4.5.7 then you will get the OTA notification. Immediately go to Settings > System Updates > and Check for OTA updates. If that fails, then see the download procedure below.
How to download OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 4.5.8?
- Make sure your device is running stock firmware with stock recovery – Oxygen OS 4.5.5 for OnePlus 5.
- Download a VPN app like Opera VPN.
- Open it and change the location to Germany or Canada.
- Go to phone Settings.
- Enter System Updates.
- Check for OTA updates.
- Download next Oxygen OS 4.5.8 OTA update.
- Install via stock recovery.
If you have TWRP recovery, don’t worry, you will receive the full firmware zip and install it automatically.
Also, capture the OTA and share the link in the comments for others to get help from.
OTA update & Full firmware zip for Oxygen OS 4.5.8
The OTA update is new and isn’t available just yet. Stay tuned for the download links below.
OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA zip | Download | From OOS 4.5.6
OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA zip | Download | From OOS 4.5.7
OxygenOS 4.5.8 OTA zip | Download | Ffrom OOS 4.5.5
Full ROM zip:
Full signed 4.5.8 zip (captured in adb):
If you are lucky enough, then you might just find the full firmware update at the following URL-
Moreover, you can also flash the full firmware zip using the Local upgrade method. Download the Oxygen OS 4.5.8 full ROM zip and go to this tutorial. Same goes for rooted and TWRP setup OnePlus 5 users.