Table of Contents Hide
As promised, the next OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3 is now live with many optimizations and bug fixes. The update log is quite similar to the HydrogenOS H2OS Beta 17 and Beta 11 for OnePlus 3(T). The new OTA update has changed the orange Battery Saver indication to a notification. Optimized the data usage statistics for more accurate data. It also brings optimization to expanded screenshots. Weather widget app now have visual improvements. The full change log is listed below.
The Oxygen OS Open Beta 11 for Oneplus 3T runs parallel to the OOS Beta 20. Hence, the update log is same for both of them. As the third party apps used to crash a lot, the firmware now brings optimization to several such apps. The new update also fixes the battery stats for connected Bluetooth devices. The OTA comes in a small size of around 54 MB.
The previous Open Beta brought a new OnePlus Launcher 2.1 with various new changes to the design and stability of the firmware. This also means OnePlus 3/3T is on the verge of being more stable than ever. Even the latest OnePlus 5 launcher is made available for the same.
What’s new with Oxygen OS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3?
- Battery saver indication changed from orange status bar to a notification
- Optimized calculation method for data usage statistics, tracking is now more accurate.
- Optimized expanded screenshot, now supports capture while gifs and videos are playing. (Experimental)
- Visual effects improvements for Weather widget
- Resolved various 3rd party app crashes
- Fixed bluetooth device battery status wrongly displayed for non-supported devices
- Fixed Weather occasionally not being able to retrive forecast data
How to install OxygenOS Open Beta onto OnePlus 3/3T?
If you are on previous Open Beta 19/10 for OnePlus 3/3T, then all you need to do is go to Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates.
If the OTA is not available in your region just yet, then change the location to Canada or Germany using a VPN app like Opera VPN. Then check for OTA updates. See full tutorial here.
Alternatively, you can grab the Open Beta full firmware zips from below and do a Local Upgrade.
Similarly, for TWRP users, you can grab the full firmware zip from below and do a dirty flash. Meaning, without wiping any data or system. Tap on Install and flash the ROM from internal storage.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 11 for OnePlus 3T
You may also like:
Local Upgrade installation instructions:
In order to install OxygenOS on Oneplus devices, you will need the full firmware zip from above.
- Download the Open Beta full ROM zip from above.
- Transfer it to your device storage.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System Updates option.
- Tap on the top right corner settings icon.
- Choose Local Upgrade option.
- Tap on the Oxygen OS OTA zip file.
- Allow the installation.
That’s it. Reboot to system and enjoy the new and improved OxygenOS Open Beta 20 upgrade.