Table of Contents
Update: Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is now available for Redmi 4/4X codename mido. Lineage OS is one of those Custom ROMs which gained popularity in very less time. Branched out of now discontinued CyanogenMod custom ROM, Lineage OS has more than millions of users. Lineage OS is well known for being a bloat free ROM. 2017 saw the inception of latest Lineage OS 14.1. Also, Lineage OS 15 is not far behind and may not be available until after the official Android O has been released. Following the path of development, now Lineage OS 14 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat is out for a while. And as of July 2017 LineageOS officially supports 163 devices. This includes big players like Google, Samsung, Sony, XIAOMI, LG etc to name a few. And as we speak, Lineage OS 14 for Redmi 4/4X is now rolling.
XIAOMI users struck with surprise..?! Well..true that. Lineage OS 14 for Redmi 4/4X based on latest Android 7.1.2 nougat is now available to download. And we will guide you on how to get and install latest Lineage OS 14 for Redmi 4/4X.
The following ROM is in its Beta state. Hence, you may expect some bugs at the moment. However, you shall still use the firmware and keep visiting this post for more stable updates. We will list the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat based updates for Xiaomi Redmi 4 and Redmi 4X.
Download official Lineage OS 14.1 For Redmi 4/4X
Unofficial Lineage OS build:
- Lineage OS 14 Based on nougat 7.1.2 for XIAOMI Redmi 4/4X
- Mirror for Lineage OS 14 for XIAOMI Redmi 4/4X
- Fix Recent Apps
Tools you will need:
- Download Compatible Gapps
- Download latest TWRP For Your Android Device.
- Install Custom TWRP Recovery for your device.
Rooting Lineage OS packages:
Note: – Before you download or perform installation remember that
- Take a full backup of your device before installing.
- AndroidSage will not be responsible for any possible problem that may occur with your device during the installation process.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- You can unlock your Android device Bootloaderfirst.
- Be sure custom TWRP Recovery is installed on your Android device.
How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 For Redmi 4/4X?
Download and transfer all the files into Xiaomi device storage.
Step-1 Reboot your device into TWRP. Take a full Nandroid Backup.
Step-2 And then perform a Full wipe.
Step-3 To do it Select Wipe > Advanced wipe.
Step-4 Select Dalvik, art cache, cache, data, system.
Step-5 Then install the Lineage OS 14 for Redmi 4/4X ROM.
Step-6 Wait a while the installation process completes.
Step-7 Similarly, flash the Gapps and the latest SuperSU or Magisk.
Step-8 And after installation completes, Reboot your device into system.
- After installing, go to device settings. Change the recent functionality of left side button to home button.
- Flash the Fix recent Apps you downloaded by TWRP to resolve recent apps problem.
Therefore, now you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 14 for Redmi 4/4X ROM.