Table of Contents
Moto X Style (Pure) is now receiving the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. The new OTA update zip has been captured for the European variants. OTA can be sideloaded or installed directly via stock recovery. This Nougat update comes with the firmware build number NPH25.200-15. It packs all the Nougat goodies like Multi-window, quick settings, Doze mode on-the-go, and much more. The full update log is listed below.
The OTA update available in the download section below has been tested with Moto X Style DUAL BR. Some of the Moto X Pure edition devices have problem installing the same. Moto X Pure is generally a codename for the variants in the United States. So stay tuned for we will update the post once it is available. Earlier we have seen similar update rolling out in India and Brazil. This time, it is the European region.
Moto X Style (Pure) Nougat NPH25.200-15 build changelog
According to the official Motorola release notes, the Moto X Pure Android 7.0 Nougat brings numerous features, stability improvements, and system optimizations. Here is a summary of the update log:
- Quick switch between apps.
- Multi window using recent view button.
- Work mode.
- Double tap recent view button or quick switch apps to apps.
- Doze on-the-go for better battery life.
- New just-in-time compiler. This improves runtime device performance.
- Reduce storage space required for apps.
- Make app and system updates much faster.
- Notification direct reply.
- Bundled notifications.
- Notification controls.
- Quick setting bar at the status bar.
- New Emoji.
- Better system backup coverage.
- Data saver.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update onto Moto X Style/Pure?
Here you will find the OTA update for many variants of the Moto X and how to install it using stock recovery or adb sideload methods.
Download Moto X Pure or Style Nougat OTA
Moto X Pure | Download | Mirror | coming soon
For the OTA to work, your device must be on the previous Android 6.0 Marshmallow update with build number MPHS24.107-58-13.
- Download the OTA zip from above.
- Transfer it to you PC.
- Make sure ADB and fastboot is setup on your PC.
- Also make sure you have enabled USB debugging.
- Open a command prompt or terminal where you have placed the OTA update.
- Reboot Android into stock recovery. Press POWER+VolUp to get to the stock recovery menu.
- Select “Apply update from ADB”.
- Connect Android to PC via USB cable.
- In terminal, enter “adb sideload <filename>”. The <filename> will be the OTA ZIP name with extension.
- Wait for the installation.
You can also select “Update from SD Card”option once booted into recovery. That’s it. Comment down below for any queries.