Samsung has uploaded the official Galaxy S8 (Plus) launcher for all of its smartphones running stock TouchWiz or Samsung Experience firmware. The Samsung OS based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is called TouchWiz firmware which holds a majority of the manufacturer’s devices including, the Galaxy S5, S4, Note 4, Galaxy J5, J7, On5, On7, On8, etc. This also includes the A series phones like Samsung A9, A8, A7, A5, etc. On the contrary, the firmware based on Android 7.0 Nougat or later are termed as Samsung Experience. These devices include Galaxy S7 (Edge). S6 (Edge) (Plus), Note 5, and of course, the S8 (Plus). The new Samsung Experience UI is now available officially via Play Store.
This also means means that the new S8 launcher will bring the Infinity UX or the Dream UX to all of the Samsung devices. Moreover, as the launcher comes to us officially, there is no need to worry about the compatibility issues like the “Unable to install the package”, “Unable to parse the package”. So the parsing error is now fixed. The only problem is that the launcher is available in a select number of countries like the United States and some European countries. For Asian countries like India, you can download the direct APK from below.
Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher for Android
Official Google Play Store link
- TouchWiz Home 6.1.02 (Android 7.0+) | Download link
- By Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
TouchWiz Home direct APK file
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Launcher | Download | Mirror Download
- File: com.sec.android.app.launcher_6.1.02-610201000_minAPI24(nodpi).com.apk
Modified S8 (Plus) Launcher for all Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
You may also like:
- How to convert your Samsung phone into Galaxy S8 (Plus)?
- Stock Wallpapers from Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher for all stock TouchWiz phones
- S8 (Plus) Stock Ringtones
- Galaxy S8 (Plus) icon pack
- Install the Galaxy S8’s Always On Display feature
- Weather App & Clock Widget
- Bixby personal assistant
- Galaxy S8 (Plus) ROM Port
How to install S8 launcher and fix parsing package errors while installing?
Usually, the APK above is meant to be installed directly as a normal Android app. However, due to many complaining about the package error while installation here is a little troubleshooting to be done.
You need to wipe data and cache of the TouchWiz home and install the new S8 launcher APK after the wipe. If you still get the package error, reboot device and quickly install the app. Disable SIM Lock and Lockscreen security temporarily.
- Go to Settings>App and search for TouchWiz Home app.
- Go to storage and clear data and cache.
- Reboot the phone.
- Clear the cache partition from stock recovery.
- Reboot to system.
- Quickly install the APK.
- You can clear the TouchWiz Home’s data and cache again.
Install other apps like the Bixby app using a similar process. Comment down below.