Considering the popularity of the stunning Samsung Galaxy S6 and the S6 Edge devices, unfortunately, there is no official support from the Lineage OS, or the Resurrection Remix v5.8.3 based on the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat for either. It is still stuck on the LOS v13 for the two phones. However, with the latest build from Team Nexus7420, the 7.1.2 Nougat update comes to Galaxy S6 (Edge) variants via Lineage OS 14.1, Resurrection Remix 5.8.3, and AOKP custom ROMS. All these three ROMS are initial builds, but they are quite stable.
The Lineage OS and Resurrection Remix are considered to have smooth user interface, high performance, and a very good battery life. Moreover, it brings Android 7.1.2 for almost all the S6 and S6 Edge variants.
Downloads for Samsung S6 (Edge)
- Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S6 all variants | Download
- Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S6 Edge all variants | Download
- Resurrection Remix 5.8.3+ for Galaxy S6 all variants | Download
- Resurrection Remix 5.8.3+ for Galaxy S6 Edge | Download
- Flash SuperSU 2.79 SR3 for root access | Download link
- Flash Gapps | Download link | Mirror Google Apps arm64
How to update Galaxy S6 (Edge) to Android 7.1.2 Nougat via Lineage OS 14.1, Resurrection Remix 5.8.3+, AOKP ROM?
These are custom ROMS so you need to have TWRP and root on your Galaxy S6 Edge device. Moreover, your device must be running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow or above like the stock official Android 7.0 Nougat. Follow the steps to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on S6 and S6 Edge.
- Download the desired 7.1.2 Nougat ROM from above for your device.
- Now transfer all the files from the download section and transfer it to your device storage. This includes one of the custom ROMS, SuperSU, Gapps.
- Now, reboot S6 device into TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Backup and take a bull Nandroid backup of previous ROM.
- Tap on Wipe and format the partitions including Cache, Dalvik-Cache, Data, System.
- Tap on Install option and select the ROM from storage. Swipe to install ROM.
- Similarly, Install Google Apps (Gapps) by selection it.
- For Rooting Lineage OS 14.1 on S6, flash the SuperSU 2.79 SR3 or download the extras package addonsu-arm64-signed.zip v14.1.
- Wipe the cache and reboot your device to system.
The developer has also provided additional packages like the HTC Camera 8.50. Enjoy 7.1.2 Nougat firmware on your S6 Edge devices.
Thanks to: Team Nexus7420