Table of Contents Hide
[Update March 24: The Oxygen OS 3.5.8 full firmware update zip files and OTA are now available for the OnePlus 2] OnePlus is currently pushing a critical update towards the OnePlus 2 users with a new version of Oxygen OS 3.5.8. The OOS 3.5.8 is still based on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but brings several critical updates. It fixes echo issue in the Duo App while on a video call and brings the highly demanding fix to the persistent network drop issues, data roaming issue in certain countries, and improved audio compatibility. Even though OnePlus 2 users were highly expecting the Android 7.0 Nougat update, it does bring several general bug fixes and overall stability. This is a pre-Nougat build for the OnePlus 2.
The previous Oxygen OS 3.5.6 for the OnePlus 2 brought the VOLTE update across the globe, especially for the Jio network in India. It was a big update from the previous OOS 3.1.1. Since some of the users complained about IMEI lost while reverting back to Oxygen OS 3.1.0 from the version 3.5.6, OnePlus development team brought a new firmware with version OOS 3.5.7 that fixes the IMEI lost in SIM 2.
The OTA update is currently live in the regions of Canada and some parts of Europe like the Germany. It will soon roll out in India and other parts of Asia. For all the OnePlus 2 users who want to download the OTA update right now should head over to the download section below. If the OTA is not available, then there are alternative ways to download the Oxygen OS 3.5.8 OTA on your OnePlus 2 in the tutorial below.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 3.5.8 for OnePlus 2?
The incremental OTA update of OxygenOS 3.5.8 for the OnePlus 2 brings the following changes:
- Updated Google security patch to 1st March 2017
- Fixed echo issue during video calls in Duo App
- Fixed persistent network drop issues
- Fixed data roaming issue in certain countries
- Improved audio compatibility
- General bug fixes
Download Oxygen OS 3.5.8 OTA – A pre-Nougat build
- OnePlus 2 OTA | Oxygen OS 3.5.6 to Oxygen OS 3.5.8 | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_027-029_patch_1703131134.zip [13 MB]
- Oxygen OS 3.5.8 full firmware file → Download [Mirror] | File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_029_all_1703131134.zip [1.2 GB]
More OnePlus 2 tutorials:
- How to install Oxygen OS on OnePlus 2 with full firmware and OTA?
- Root OnePlus 2 on Oxygen OS Marshmallow.
- Setup Install Xposed Framework on Oxygen OS.
- Latest Xposed downloads
How to download and install the Oxygen OS 3.5.8 OTA for OnePlus?
The OTA links can be found in the download section above. However, if the update zip files are not available this early, then there is an alternative way to download the over the air update zip right onto your OnePlus 2. First, make sure you are already on the official Oxygen OS 3.5.6.
How to get OTA update notification on OnePlus 2 for Oxygen OS 3.5.8?
- Install a VPN app like the Opera VPN on your Android from Play Store.
- Launch the Opera VPN app.
- Connect to VPN by selecting the “connect” button.
- Once connected, change the region to Canada or Germany where the OTA is live.
- Go to Settings > System Updates and check for OTA notifications.
- Download the OTA update zip for Oxygen OS 3.5.8.
- Simply tap the update file from System Updates feature and let the installation do its thing.
You can also install it manually via stock recovery. For that, grab the OTA or full firmware file from above and install it by rebooting into stock recovery via ADB sideload method.
OnePlus 2 users with root access and TWRP recovery setup, need to flash the full ROM zip file via custom recovery. Dirty flash is acceptable. Meaning, without wiping data. Proceed to this page for OnePlus 2 tutorials or this OnePlus 3 post as well.
Source: OnePlus Forums