Table of Contents
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is the upcoming flagship phone from the Korean major. The hype has to lead to many leaks in the past including the live images to the stock apps and features like Music APK from the Galaxy S8 Plus device. All the stock apps from the S8 devices have already been ported to many other Samsung devices. Even though the actual footages of S8 are now available, the official launch is going to be on March 29, 2017. Meanwhile, from all these leaks, developers have already ported the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus theme and icons from the stunning Dream UX.
The Dream UX is the latest user interface from Samsung S8; similar to the Grace UX that came with the Note 7. The following port will install the Dream UX theme and icons on your Galaxy device with ease. Direct APK files are available for the S8 Dream UX and the S8 colors. This means you can install them without root. It will give your device the complete feel of Samsung’s next UI.
Even though the direct APK files are available, there is also a root method available for the same which does not require you to disable the Theme store packages. The Dream UX port works best on the Nougat ROM and has been tested on Galaxy S7 (Edge), and Galaxy S6 (Edge).
Update: New app icons pack are available. It is optional to install. But looks better.
How to install Galaxy S8 Plus themes and icons pack from Dream UX port for other Samsung devices?
Download Samsung S8 Dream UX theme
- Galaxy S8 colors APK | File: S8COLOUR.apk (962.7 KB)
- S8 Dream UX theme | S8DreamUX 2.0.apk [Mirror] (1.21 MB)
- Galaxy S8 – Dream UX App Icons.zip
S8 Plus Dream UX theme port for non-rooted devices
- From Settings> Applications> Application manager, find the Theme Store and Themes. Force stop both the applications.
- Download and install all the APK listed above onto your Samsung device.
- Go to Samsung Themes and apply the S8 theme.
- You will also need to disable the two apps – Theme and Theme Stores using the Package Disabler Pro. There is also another free app available on the Play Store.
Root method for Galaxy S8 theme installation:
The following steps are for rooted devices. The root method is a bit stable.
- Go through the steps from the non-rooted device except for the Package Disable one.
- Go to the location: /data/overlays/jsonfiles/appiconfiles/trialjson
- Now Move (cut-paste) all the files (XXX.json) into the folder “userjson”
- Now return to /data/overlays and delete the folder “preferences”
- Reboot the device once
Enjoy your new Dream UX from the latest Samsung Galaxy S8+.
Thanks to: SinnloserTyp