Android Wear 2.0 was officially announced by Google lately and the new firmware for wearable technology has gained quite some popularity lately. Even though the Android Wear 2.0 developer preview is already available since long, these public betas are live for only a select few smartwatches like the Huawei Watch and the LG G Watch Urbane. Almost all of the smartwatches will be receiving the new firmware update with a few exceptions, of course. To be future proof, here we have created a tutorial post on how to capture the upcoming Android Wear 2.0 OTA links as soon as they are available.
Similar to our popular OTA capture guide for various Android phones including like the Nexus, Motorola, OnePlus, Sony, etc., here we have an OTA capture guide for the Android Wear as well. The key is to not download the OTA update and apply it as soon a possible. First, capture the OTA link and share it with the community. If you have access to an Android Wear that has already received the OTA notification, then go through this tutorial to get the OTA URL.
List of devices receiving Android Wear 2.0 update
- Asus ZenWatch 2
- Asus ZenWatch 3
- Casio Smart Outdoor Watch
- Casio Pro Trek Smart
- Fossil Q Founder
- Fossil Q Marshal
- Fossil Q Wander
- Huawei Watch
- LG G Watch R
- LG Watch Urbane
- LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE
- Michael Kors Access
- Moto 360 2nd-gen
- Moto 360 Sport
- New Balance RunIQ
- Nixon The Mission
- Polar M600
- TAG Heuer Connected
Android Wear 2.0 OTA update URL capture guide
This guide is only for the devices which have already received the OTA update notification. This tutorial will help capture the OTA URL. Moreover, once the OTA links are live and available, we will be posting it immediately. So stay tuned.
- Once you receive the OTA notification, do not update and do not reboot.
- Download the OTA and let it remain on the device.
- Connect your smartwatch with your Android phone.
- Launch the latest Android Wear 2.0 app on the phone.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots, which is the options tab, and select Report Wearable Bug.
- It may take a long time to retrieve the log for the last hour.
- You will get a notification on the phone saying the report was received.
- Now you can directly email yourself to get the log on your PC.
- Download and open the report.txt file via file editor like Notepad++.
- Now search for a “.zip” URL in the log file.
- There may be multiple .zip file, make sure you paste the URL in address bar and confirm it can download the OTA via a browser.
See how to install the Android Wear 2.0 OTA update on your smartwatch via ADB sideload method. Kindly share the URL here so we can share it with the Android community.