Table of Contents Hide
The February 2017 Security Patch updates are now live. The factory images and OTA zip files are now available for download from Google’s servers. The new security updates are based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with build number NOF26V for Pixel series like Google Pixel (XL) and Pixel C for global variants and N4F26O for the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X. The Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) are now receiving similar OTA updates with builds NBD91Y and N4F26Q respectively. The only devices left are the Nexus Player and the 7.
The security bulletins for the February 2017 security updates are out and you can check all the new vulnerability updates from here. For more features and latest Android versions, you may like the Android 7.1.2 Nougat developer preview or public betas for the Google Pixel and Nexus devices.
The Nexus 10, 7, 5, & 4 will not receive any further updates as these phones are out of the support period. The only way to get Nougat or later on these devices is via the official Lineage OS 14.1.
Download February 2017 Factory Image and OTA zip files for Nexus & Pixel
- Google Pixel C – 7.1.1 (N4F26O, Feb 2017)
- Google Nexus 6P – 7.1.1 (N4F26O, Feb 2017) & 7.1.1 (NUF26K, Feb 2017, Verizon Only)
- Google Nexus 5X –7.1.1 (N4F26O, Feb 2017)
- Google Nexus 6 – 7.1.1 (N6F26R, Feb 2017)/ 7.0.0 (NBD91Y, Feb 2017) & 7.0.0 (NBD91Z, Feb 2017, ATT Only)
- Google Nexus Player – NMF26R January 1, 2017
- Google Nexus 9 WiFi – 7.1.1 (N4F26Q, Feb 2017)
- Google Nexus 9 LTE – 7.1.1 (N4F26Q, Feb 2017)
- Google Nexus 7 2013 WiFi – MOB30X to 6.0.1
- Google Nexus 7 2013 LTE – MOB30X to 6.0.1
- Google Nexus 5 – MOB31E to 6.0.1 (M4B30X)
- Nexus 4 – Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Google Pixel (XL) OTA update
- Google Pixel – 7.1.1 (NOF26V, Feb 2017) & 7.1.1 (NOF26W, Feb 2017, Rogers Only)
- Google Pixel XL – 7.1.1 (NOF26V, Feb 2017) & 7.1.1 (NOF26W, Feb 2017, Rogers Only) & 7.1.1 (NMF26V, Jan 2017, Europe/O2)
The update comes to us in the form of OTA zip files and full factory images. The OTA updates can be downloaded via Settings>System updates or from the AOSP OTA download repository. The factory images can restore the devices to complete stock.
So here are the factory images and the OTA zip files for the same.
How to install February security updates on Nexus & Pixel devices?
OTA updates can be installed directly with the stock recovery or using the ADB sideload method. For ADB sideload method, visit- how to install OTA updates manually on Nexus devices. If you are looking forward to flashing the OTA via TWRP recovery, it is highly recommended that you back up.
Alternatively, flash the latest factory image on Google Nexus or Pixel devices and restore Android to complete stock. This will most likely factory reset your device. Check out how to install Factory Images on Nexus devices (or go to this tutorial)
How to root latest February 2017 security update?
Checkout our 3 ways to root the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware. For rooting the latest February 2017 security update for Nexus and Pixel phones, you will need the latest SuperSU 2.79 SR3 or later.
Flash SuperSU 2.79 SR3 Recommended → SR2-SuperSU-v2.79-SR2-20170103215521.zip
Like and share us on social media. For queries, comment down.